09104-12014 Lower RH Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

09104-12014 Lower RH Bolt

The bolt on my lower right hand shock is missing (1981 GS850GLX). I tried several different bolts but nothing seems to match up so it's probably a bit 'odd' in dimensions. The PN is in the title. I actually did a lot of research but couldn't find the bolt dimensions for this specific and obsolete part. If you have the dimensions of the bolt, can you please respond? (My head hurts from all the searching ) Thanks in advance.

I use this website for obsolete Part Numbers. I sent them an email...should hear something soon.

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

M12 x 33mm. cannot find pitch, probably 1.25mm as Suzuki usually use fine pitch bolts
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

You had me curious so I did some research too.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks!

Ed - Interesting. I've been on their site and never noticed the red banner to contact them about obsolete parts. Good to know.

Agemax - Yep, M12 seemed right to me but I couldn't get the pitch. I thought I tried a fine pitch M12 and it didn't work; So maybe it was 1.5...I don't know. Thanks, I'll try 1.25 and see how it runs.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
            You had me curious so I did some research too.

Ed
            Yes, that info I have. The part is obsolete on every site that I checked...and no description available re: dimensions of that specific bolt.

Comment

typed the part number in to google search, this was on the first page, 5th on the page.

snap_screen_20170320221901.jpg
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Dang...good find!
                I swear I searched for at least an hour and a half...and came up empty, using Google. And on this site for, I dunno, thirty minutes.
                Much obliged, Agemax.

Comment

I was told they have similar bolts but not the exact bolt.

It would be ideal to find an exact year parts bike for non-listed parts.

Ed
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

The 1.0 thread pitch is an oddity, especially in 33mm. The several specialty shops that I contacted didn't have 12M x 1.0.
                    I'm double checking with Alpha that what they have is 1.0, not 1.25.
                    eBay (China) is my friend apparently. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-21-2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadMonk View Post
                      The bolt on my lower right hand shock is missing (1981 GS850GLX). I tried several different bolts but nothing seems to match up so it's probably a bit 'odd' in dimensions. The PN is in the title. I actually did a lot of research but couldn't find the bolt dimensions for this specific and obsolete part. If you have the dimensions of the bolt, can you please respond? (My head hurts from all the searching ) Thanks in advance.
                      It's
                      It's available in Japan...
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Thanks Grimly. I eventually found a couple on eBay for a couple bucks delivered...on a slow boat from China.
                        Shipping from Japan is about $21 but that's a good website to keep in mind in case there are (will be) more obsolete parts that I'll need on this rebuild. Good info!

Comment

Did anybody find out what the pitch of the bolt is mine rusted I can get it off site in Japan mentioned above but 26 euro with shipping bit to dear.If I knew the the pitch I'd try local bolt company
                          1983 GS 650 gl

1982 GS 850 gl

1980 GS 550L

1982 GS 650 G(KATANA)

Gsx 1400 daily ride

Comment

The pitch is 1.0. It's M12-1.0 x 40 and I should have an extra one. I bought lots of different bolts lately. So let me look around this evening and see if I can find it.

Comment

Did anybody find out what the pitch of the bolt is mine rusted I can get it off site in Japan mentioned above but 26 euro with shipping bit to dear.If I knew the the pitch I'd try local bolt company
                              1983 GS 650 gl

1982 GS 850 gl

1980 GS 550L

1982 GS 650 G(KATANA)

Gsx 1400 daily ride

Comment

Working...
                              X