No announcement yet.

1983 gs1100es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting for the custom single seat from Corbin, but you get the idea. Plan to fire it up next week. One photo per post, so here goes...
    GS 001.jpg

Comment

----------

GS 002.JPG

Comment

-----------
        GS 003.JPG

Comment

----------
          GS 004.JPG

Comment

----------
            GS 005.jpg

Comment

Wow, that thing is looking great. Awesome work, would have made me feel better to see the painter with a mask, but whateva.
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

You can post multiple pics by putting them on a hosting site like photobucket then include a link to the image. THe images can be higher resolution, and IIRC 10 per post.
                sigpic
                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                1983 GS1100e
                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                1980 GS1260
                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

great looking bike! Which front forks/triple are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by Nschultz View Post
                    great looking bike! Which front forks/triple are you running?
                    Thanks! It's a 2003/2004 GSXR 1000 set-up with springs from Traxxion Dynamics, a 3/8" lengthening kit and a Vortex upper tree. The weight of the GS uses up half the travel with sag on the stock springs.

In order to fit it to the GS frame you need a special upper bearing. I bought it 8 years ago and remember that only one guy was selling them and they were very expensive. The lower bearing is the same on both bikes. I also had to make steering stops using socket cap bolts and mounted the GSXR steering damper to my frame. Pretty straight forward once you get that bearing.

I got the idea after seeing some slightly older GSXR forks on GS's, but I don't know how they get them to work on an otherwise stock bike as the forks are a lot shorter than the stock GS forks. I raked my frame to 36 degrees and have the forks fully extended and my ground clearance is nearing that of a dedicated drag bike, so if you had a stock rear suspension it would be pretty front heavy. I seem to recall that when guys would put 16" GS1150 front ends on the older 1100's the handing got a little weird. Even a bone stock 1100 gets sketchy over 130mph which I why I like to rake them a bit.

I'll try to get some better photos up in a bit.

Comment

Let's see if this works...

Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by el Camexican View Post
                        Let's see if this works...

Forget the bike....Nice shop!!
                        sigpic
                        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260
                        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                          Forget the bike....Nice shop!!
                          Thank you! I love it. It's my man cave/shop and is actually part of my house (my office floor is the shop's ceiling). Its 6 ft. lower than my garage, so aside for being hidden the heavy stuff is pretty much theft proof as it takes at least 3 guys to move anything larger than a dirt bike up the ramp. If I was 2" taller the mezzanine wouldn't have worked, but God made me just the right height to get away with having one. A few more square feet for a mill, lathe, drill press, paint booth (I could go on) would have been nice, but I can't complain when there's beer in the fridge 3 steps from a welder.

Last edited by Guest; 05-20-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Finally all together and ready go (I think) Maiden voyage resulted in a leaky cylinder base gasket. Second resulted in a oil cooler hose comic off and soaking the front nd rear wheel as well as the brakes The guardian angels saved my azz that day. The next ride was uneventful, so I made this video, but it seems the starter clutch bolts have sheared off.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Guest; 08-05-2018, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X