best brake parts source...GS750T Single front disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best brake parts source...GS750T Single front disk

I'm looking to upgrade my front brakes. My "T" is a single caliper setup. Current rotor shines like the sun, and is well glazed. I Just bled and refilled the master cylinder, and its really not working well at all compared to before the procedure.

Q1: Can I get the glaze removed via machine? (rather than me doing it will my drill and a wire brush or by hand with steel wool) I'd like to have the glaze professionally removed and the disk surface be flat and prepped for new pads accordingly.

Q2: Best supplier for affordable, but not crap, steel brake line?

Q3: Pad recommendations? I know nothing of how to source quality brake parts, or what pad material is the best for single disk front brake setup. All recommendations considered.

thx

P-
    PB
    Central Jersey
    82' Suzuki GS750T

"Old school is the best school"

I've done a MC rebuild. I soaked the MC for several hours in Cleaning Solvent...Which cleaned out the tiny holes the brake fluid travels through.

I went to a local shop in SoCal to have the braided line made; cost was about $20. I brought the original line with me so they could match its length.

I bought new brake pads too but did not resurface the rotor. I have a thread you can look at...I'll have to find it for you.

Ed

EDIT: Here it is beginning at Post 52

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 03-22-2017, 09:18 AM.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
    X