So, something stupid happened today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, something stupid happened today...

I have been sick for a week and today I got into a disagreement with my SO and left our house on my bike in a fit. Well, before I ever left I checked my oil and added half a quart. I put the oil cap back on but didn't tighten it all the way. So somewhere over the 5 miles I drove it fell off and COVERED the right side of the bike and my right leg in oil. As soon as I realized what happened I shut the bike off and had to truck it home. I've spent the past two hours trying to find it with no luck, so I am hoping someone here can help me out.

I seriously need an oil cap for a 1982 GS850G. If anyone could help me out, that would be great. Otherwise I am getting it from bike bandit. Just hoping I can get some kind of luck other than bad.

theres cheaper vendor than bike bandit.........
    parts outlaw I thing free shipping with code BANG?
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

There's bundles of them on ebay, fwiw.
      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
      __________________________________________________ ______________________
      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

six dollars 45 cents
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by quentinnash View Post
          ... I got into a disagreement with my SO and left our house on my bike in a fit. ...
          Sorry about your predicament, but this is another opportunity to share some wisdom I learned long time ago.

Don't go for a ride "to cool off". Cool off, THEN go for a ride.

Unless everything is just absatively, posilutely PEACHY in your little corner of the world, you need to have ALL of your mental energy focused on the ride, not what you are riding away from.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Sorry about your predicament, but this is another opportunity to share some wisdom I learned long time ago.

Don't go for a ride "to cool off". Cool off, THEN go for a ride.

Unless everything is just absatively, posilutely PEACHY in your little corner of the world, you need to have ALL of your mental energy focused on the ride, not what you are riding away from.

^^--- What he said!

Comment

Dont forget to get the oring too.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

There is much great wisdom in what Steve has said. Chuck too!
                83 gs850
                07 vtx1300c

Comment

Working...
                X