No fuel in carb 1&4 1984 gs (x)750es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No fuel in carb 1&4 1984 gs (x)750es

I have no fuel comming to no 1&4 carb. Can it be a stick float needle? Can i do anything about this with the carbs on the bike?
    Best regards
    Hans Chr
    Last edited by Guest; 03-25-2017, 09:19 AM.

Using a rubber mallet, tap lightly on both carbs- floats might be stuck up. Maybe you will get lucky!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks, will try..

Comment

Other thing to try... Disconnect fuel line at petcock,blow into it- might create enough extra pressure at #1 and 4 inlets.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

It's alive.......a little knocking on the floathousing did the trick😁😁

Comment

Hooray, consider adding a little carb cleaning stuff to fuel to help "free" up stickiness on float hinges.
            1981 gs650L

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
              Hooray, consider adding a little carb cleaning stuff to fuel to help "free" up stickiness on float hinges.
              I would suspect eventually, he'll have to pull the carbs and clean them at sometime.
              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Will add carbclean snakeoil, but will also open the carbs at a later time, if it funtions well😀. Waiting for my plates from the norwegian dmv...assmoks forgott to order them on friday..possibly get them tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                X