Ignition switch labeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition switch labeling

Ok guys, I think this is going to be a tough one...... Does anyone know where I can find the little plastic sleeve that surrounds the ignition key that labels the different key positions? I tried to find it on the official Suzuki parts fiche, and it wasn't there.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated!

DSC_2881 PS1.jpg

There is a member on this forum that sold me a couple of stickers if that is all you need. I think they were just a few dollars and he mailed them to me. Those would work if you have something left to stick them onto. If you need the complete plastic part that fits over the keyhole, it may be better to just get a used ignition switch. I have the members info, but I left it at work. If I can remember, I'll send it to you tomorrow.
    Ron
    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
    1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
    1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Steve you're a genius! Thanks for that investigative work and the link. I just bought one. I'll take a picture of it when I get it installed (which may take a while since it's coming from England) and post it here.

Comment

The member on the Forum that makes those is Frank Z. You get all the switch decals, lights, engine stop, turn signals, choke, horn and ignition with a page of instructions for prepping the surface. I think it was $10 for the whole kit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
          There is a member on this forum that sold me a couple of stickers if that is all you need. I think they were just a few dollars and he mailed them to me. Those would work if you have something left to stick them onto. If you need the complete plastic part that fits over the keyhole, it may be better to just get a used ignition switch. I have the members info, but I left it at work. If I can remember, I'll send it to you tomorrow.
          Hi. Another member responded and said he knew of another member named "Frank Z" who sells a kit of labels. Is that who you were trying to remember? I have already emailed him to inquire about them. Yes, I do still have the plastic piece; you can even read some of the original lettering, but it is getting pretty thin - which is why I was asking about a replacement.

Thanks for your help.
          Scott

Comment

Working...
          X