Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ride your own ride!

I don't have much experience with this stuff, but if the guy is not responding it's time to escalate. Call the agent and/or call the 800 number.

Current: 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR650SE
    Previous: 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Pics:Rally pics and more, Tune Up, Replace chain, sprockets, and swing arm bushings, Cold weather ride

Quote Originally Posted by gbw View Post
    I don't have much experience with this stuff, but if the guy is not responding it's time to escalate. Call the agent and/or call the 800 number.
    I'll make some more calls tomorrow, and start drafting a letter. I called the "800 number" and they just put me back through to the adjuster/claims agent.
    Joe G
    '82 Suzuki GS1100G
    '16 Suzuki GSX-S1000F

I agree with talking to your agent. He's supposed to be your agent, working on your behalf.
    Dogma
    --
    Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan
    --
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Thanks. I sent an email with a bunch of details and finally heard back. The agent was apologetic and informative, and just said she has been slammed with an extraordinary amount of claims. She's sending paperwork about how they come up with all the figures, and is awaiting the 'evaluation' to be completed so she can send me an offer. I feel a lot better about it - but I did my research and have a bunch of info backing what I think the value should be, for negotiation.

I might have 'agent' and 'adjuster' confused - the insurance company hired a third party out to look at the bike and do an estimate. I asked him about values and he said it was 'up to the adjuster' - which was the same person that called from the insurance company in response to my claim.
    Joe G
    '82 Suzuki GS1100G
    '16 Suzuki GSX-S1000F