Ride your own ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
    Back to your head injury.........get outside in the sunlight and spend a few hours there every day....without a hat.. Staying indoors and/or in darkened areas will definitely deplete you, while sunlight can bring you back faster than anything else.
    Interesting... I live on the ocean and have been getting myself out on the beach and for walks along the coast. Maybe that has been helping more than I realize.

I've been playing piano again, too. It gives me something enjoyable to concentrate on in short spurts - and lifts my spirits.

Today I am excited to go get the new bike

Comment

That's a lot of bike for the price. Nice!
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

It felt GREAT to be back on the bike! There really is no other bike I'd rather be riding And every day my head feels better - I've been sleeping in and I think it's really been helping.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Garfield View Post
          Lo and behold,

Hey, Hey.
          We have seen that smile before.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Can you get your Racetech stuff out of the old bike before it goes to the crusher?
            Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
            Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Just like new
              Hope you did OK financially.
              sigpic
              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260
              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                This is quite a thread! Thanks for opening it.

Back to your head injury.........get outside in the sunlight and spend a few hours there every day....without a hat.. Staying indoors and/or in darkened areas will definitely deplete you, while sunlight can bring you back faster than anything else.
                Interesting about the sun. My younger son fell off of the swing on Saturday and landed in the sand on his chest and face. It wound his clock enough that we were sent to the ER. Minor concussion. The doc also said he should out get into the sun. And avoid electronics (games, etc). I wanted to, but didn't get a chance to ask him about the sun.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                  Can you get your Racetech stuff out of the old bike before it goes to the crusher?
                  Unfortunately not, unless I get a call about buying the salvaged bike. The adjuster hasn't responded to my calls or emails, and they were at the repair shop within 10min of it being declared a total loss. Since they had pictures the repair shop wouldn't take anything that would look obvious (my seat or suspension).

But, the new seat and suspension will be even better I ordered the seat with a few slight changes (including slightly grippy seat material - I'd love to hear some thoughts about that!!), and will get a fully custom rear shock rather than a rebuild of a non-adjustable. I'll do straight rate springs in the front but am still deciding if I want to do valves or not. I'm sure I don't 'need' them, but I might have been spoiled already. At least I get 30% off having taken the Total Control course. It will take some time to get all that done since I just had to pay for a new bike, but it shouldn't take too too long.

Originally posted by bobgroger
                  Hope you did OK financially.
                  Thanks - we'll see... I haven't heard an offer for settlement yet from insurance, but I JUST started making payments on the bike so I don't it's going to look good. If I'm lucky I'll be out $3000.
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-11-2017, 11:16 AM.

Comment

...of course I missed disability benefits by 3 days - so add a couple weeks salary to the bill

Comment

It's been a few weeks since the accident, and just over a week since the insurance company 'totaled' the bike and took it from the repair shop. The adjuster hasn't responded to my calls or emails. What's your experience with this? What are the appropriate steps to settle a claim?

Comment

I don't have much experience with this stuff, but if the guy is not responding it's time to escalate. Call the agent and/or call the 800 number.
                        Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                          I don't have much experience with this stuff, but if the guy is not responding it's time to escalate. Call the agent and/or call the 800 number.
                          I'll make some more calls tomorrow, and start drafting a letter. I called the "800 number" and they just put me back through to the adjuster/claims agent.

Comment

I agree with talking to your agent. He's supposed to be your agent, working on your behalf.
                            Dogma
                            --
                            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                            '80 GS850 GLT
                            '80 GS1000 GT
                            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Thanks. I sent an email with a bunch of details and finally heard back. The agent was apologetic and informative, and just said she has been slammed with an extraordinary amount of claims. She's sending paperwork about how they come up with all the figures, and is awaiting the 'evaluation' to be completed so she can send me an offer. I feel a lot better about it - but I did my research and have a bunch of info backing what I think the value should be, for negotiation.

I might have 'agent' and 'adjuster' confused - the insurance company hired a third party out to look at the bike and do an estimate. I asked him about values and he said it was 'up to the adjuster' - which was the same person that called from the insurance company in response to my claim.

Comment

Working...
                              X