Brake hoses-again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake hoses-again

I am trying to find replacement brake hoses for my 81 GS750EX. I ordered a set from Cycleplicity. A bit long and a 90 degree bend at the master, but usable. Did not even get te bike on the the road when the metal elbow BROKE. Made sure it did not cotagt the handle bar. Called for a return, looks like I will never hear from the again.

Do not want to buy do it yourself lines, as they are illegal in this state, where have you bought with good results?
    The 16 valve bikes hoses seem to be rare. Do the earlier (77 to 79) hoses fit?

It IS going on the road this year!

What state are you in where the inspectors can tell the difference?
    if you still have original hoses, take them to a place that specializes in hydraulic hoses (very common) and have them make a set.

I like to have backup stuff.. have a look at this,might be good while you get some new stuff made up

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

ny. And to make matters worse i was one in a previous occupation.

Comment

There are a bazillion threads in the archives on brake lines. There is a place in Canada that some people go gaga over but I prefer to make my own lines from Earl's parts. Try searching for info. There is tons.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Spiegler will make custom lines that are DOT approved:

Lines made with threaded fittings aren't technically "legal" anywhere in the US. It's just that enforcement varies tremendously, from no inspections at all to super-picky white glove annual inspections.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
            Spiegler will make custom lines that are DOT approved:

Lines made with threaded fittings aren't technically "legal" anywhere in the US. It's just that enforcement varies tremendously, from no inspections at all to super-picky white glove annual inspections.
            Interesting site. Thanks!

There are hydraulic service businesses here in Dover, DE. I was fortunate that when I converted to a single braided line, it was in SoCal out in the Inland Empire on Baseline Rd in the City of Upland. I took the hydraulic line and they replicated it (banjos included) for about $20. Easy peasy/Lemon Squeezy.

Ed
            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 03-26-2017, 06:21 PM.
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

That is the route I went. Found a hydraulics shop in Rochester, had the fronts made. What a difference!
              Did take a month as their supplier was out of the needed fittings. I need to do the rear also, will wait for the season to end.

Comment

I use a place here in Oklahoma City. Central Oklahoma Hose. I think they could make whatever you shipped to them and send them back. They are DOT certified and make exact copies. No harm in spending a few minutes with a phone call. 70 bucks for all 3 front lines on an 82 850G and they made them while i waited.

Central Oklahoma Hose Central Oklahoma Hose is a locally owned hose, fitting, safety and industrial supply distributor. We are centrally located just north of SE 89th & I-35 at 8405 S. I-35 Service Road in Oklahoma City. We fabricate custom hydraulic hoses and fabricate or repair industrial hose assemblies. Along with our assembly capabilities, we stock
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                X