gs1100 with gsxr 1000 suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1100 with gsxr 1000 suspension?

So I have a opportunity to buy a gs1100 frame with gsxr front forks and a single sided monoshock swingarm but the catch is it's all apart the frame is all put together but that's it everything is in boxes but comes with everything to put together for 1500 bucks do you think this would be a good price plus I have another gs11 so could have spare parts for my bike now

GSX-R 1000 suspension? That's late model stuff with some major geometry changes to the 1100.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

GS1000, ZX9R front end, GSXR1000K8 swing arm.
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

It look very similar to that pic but with gsxr forks and the tail section is pretty much stock

Comment

So I guess I should add it comes with a gs1100 engine that is said to run slingshot carbs and I believe a Vance and Hines exhaust and I think a old yosh muffler and every else to put it together

Comment

$1500 for someone else's capitulation is a heavy crapshoot.
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

I was thinking the same thing but on the other side the parts alone are probably worth that or more don't you think?

Comment

Not necessarily.

Etc. ...
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

It is 1500 for everything. A complete 1100 engine, seat, tank, slingshot carbs, exhaust system, and the frame minus the gs suspension. Also a clean title for the gs frame. I guess my main concern would be how good of a job the swingarm and shock is fabed up but I guess I could always get stock suspension or get it on a frame jig to get it fixed. Any advise on what I should look at besides making sure the bike doesn't dog track??

Comment

PM kingofvenus. He'll have some insights there, I think.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

I went old school for my front end swap and rear wheel. '88 GSX-R. Much less radical work.
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

That makes sense. Do you think if the suspension checks out it will a whole lot better than upgraded stock suspension parts?

Comment

Originally posted by curt4 View Post
                          That makes sense. Do you think if the suspension checks out it will a whole lot better than upgraded stock suspension parts?
                          Geometry changes aside, yes the GSXR suspension will be significantly better than upgraded stock suspension. I have an 06 GSXR1000 and an '82 1100E. The 1100E has Sonic fork springs, cartridge emulators and Ikon shocks. The front end is maybe 85% as good as the GSXR and the back is maybe 65% as good. And then there is the switch to modern radial rubber and the vastly better front brakes to cap it off.

You can't beat 30 years of innovation and development.

Mark
                          1982 GS1100E
                          1998 ZX-6R
                          2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

I can definitely say that the '88 GSX-R forks, with emulators, proper springs and new oil, plus the GSX-R brakes, wheels and more modern tires, makes a MASSIVE difference in the way the 1150 handles. The Ducati shock out back is good, too.
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Well that sounds good I'm definitely going to check in to it I think I'm going to look at it wendsday or Saturday depending on my schedule I will definitely keep posting

Comment

Working...
                              X