No announcement yet.

gs1100 with gsxr 1000 suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find out if he has done the frame mods for the new rear end. Is the wheel with it?
    Are the new bearings/steering stem included for the front end. Is the wheel with it?
    It could get expensive.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      Find out if he has done the frame mods for the new rear end. Is the wheel with it?
      Are the new bearings/steering stem included for the front end. Is the wheel with it?
      It could get expensive.
      Yes tires and rims come with it and the swing arm and mono shock is mounted in also forks are in as well

Comment

You realize your could be buying someone else's screwup correct?
        From my read you have conveyed very little about what the bike really incompasses.
        All GSXR conversions are bolt on's except for the many details.
        The biggest issue is fork length and ground clearance.

Comment

[QUOTE=posplayr;2384450]You realize your could be buying someone else's screwup correct?
          From my read you have conveyed very little about what the bike really incompasses.
          The biggest issue is fork length and ground clearance.[/QUOTE

Oh I realize that! The reason I was posting on here was to maybe get some insight on what to look at and look for. Also I didn't know what if the parts alone would be good for the price they are asking. So your right I haven't conveyed much because I don't know much just trying to get some information on what goes into doing a swap like that. Just trying to learn

Comment

[QUOTE=curt4;2384491]
            Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            You realize your could be buying someone else's screwup correct?
            The biggest issue is fork length and ground clearance.[/QUOTE

Oh I realize that! The reason I was posting on here was to maybe get some insight on what to look at and look for. Also I didn't know what if the parts alone would be good for the price they are asking. So your right I haven't conveyed much because I don't know much just trying to get some information on what goes into doing a swap like that. Just trying to learn
            OK I did what I could.

Comment

Ok found out some more it not a single sided swing arm I only saw one side of the bike and thought he said it was it's off of a 99 gsxr 1000

Comment

What would that information have to do with it being a single sided swing-arm?
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by curt4 View Post
                  Ok found out some more it not a single sided swing arm I only saw one side of the bike and thought he said it was it's off of a 99 gsxr 1000
                  no such thing as a 99 GSXR1000. first one was a K1 (2001)
                  1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Unless you have another bike that runs and are looking for a motorcycle puzzle project, I would avoid this thing like the plague. There are too many unknowns - you could do all this work to have a nice suspension, and an engine that doesn't start or run, or a bent frame, or...

Comment

I do I have another gs1100 so this would be a project plus if it doesn't work I can always use the extra parts or make the bike stock again.

Comment

Working...
                      X