Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left Handle Switch Assembly (Signals+Headlights+Horn)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left Handle Switch Assembly (Signals+Headlights+Horn)

I have a 1982 GS850GL and looking for pictures, or diagrams, or help with assembling the switch. The horn contact was dirty, so I went to clean it, and the whole switch exploded with pieces flying everywhere. I am about 99% sure I managed to find everything, however I cannot figure out how the copper contact and slider fit together for the headlight slider portion of the switch. A confirmation of the signal light slider would be good too. It doesnt feel like it would self center.
    I did search all over the place for resources or descriptions, and I haven't found anything as of yet. I do know people take them apart and clean them if they have to, but I haven't seen any pictures or diagrams.

374-6 Tokairika (37400-49473)

On the Other hand- I definitely fixed my horn problem! A lot of the contacts were super dirty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Yeah, I did that too.
    Try this link: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ols&highlight=

Comment

HAH!
      Had a quick look, that is probably exactly what I need. I'll have to have a better look at lunch. Looks like the copper contact for the headlight selector I have got flattened out so thats why I had no idea how it goes back together
      Thanks mnferwerda!

Comment

Working...
      X