New Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Owner

Wanted to join and say Hi to everyone! Picked up an '81 GS1000GL over the weekend for $600. Im in Springdale, AR. have been looking for a GS for a few months now. having the ozark national mountains, pig trail, and mt magazine to ride through the GS1000 is a perfect match in my neck of the woods.

from a quick run down this weekend its gonna need tires (hold air but no tread left). as well as a stator cover.
    will do a tune up and fresh fluids.

was "rodded" at some point and has ape hanger bars (hideous). and no gauges.

i may stick with a slight "rod" look. but getting better suited bars for me. as well as getting some gauges set up for it.

ill try and get pics of it as soon as the rain dies down and i can pull it back out of the garage for cleanup.

by the way names Dan. feel free to call me whatever sticks to mind haha

Originally posted by Bosanski View Post
    Wanted to join and say Hi to everyone! Picked up an '81 GS1000GL over the weekend for $600. Im in Springdale, AR. have been looking for a GS for a few months now. having the ozark national mountains, pig trail, and mt magazine to ride through the GS1000 is a perfect match in my neck of the woods.

from a quick run down this weekend its gonna need tires (hold air but no tread left). as well as a stator cover.
    will do a tune up and fresh fluids.

was "rodded" at some point and has ape hanger bars (hideous). and no gauges.

i may stick with a slight "rod" look. but getting better suited bars for me. as well as getting some gauges set up for it.

ill try and get pics of it as soon as the rain dies down and i can pull it back out of the garage for cleanup.

by the way names Dan. feel free to call me whatever sticks to mind haha
    Dan sounds pretty good. Welcome to the forum Dan, quite a bit of info available here.

Rick
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Hey Dan, welcome.
      Good luck with the new bike.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome aboard Dan. Lovely part of the country you live in. Excellent m/c roads just begging for riders.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Welcome to the site, Dan.
          Repair manuals among otherr things for your bike are here.

Could be those are the stock L bars. Agreed, hideous.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Welcome!

what kind of gauges are you considering?

Comment

Working...
            X