Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seven loose fillings - what? wow

Hello from sweden!
    This is/was a Suzuki GS 500(as sold in Sweden) E from 78 with the name "Seven loose fillings", named by previous owner who was a dentist. He bought the bike new in 78 and started his build in 81 i think. I have most of the papers on the build with the earliest from 82. He was a friend of my father but passed away 10 years ago. In 2013 i bought the bike from his widow. Got it running, drove it a while and then started making it better.
    This bike features
    - Performance-modded head made in 82
    - Overbore kit, don't know what and from where, ideas? My father think it was 605 or 610cc
    - Kalgaard inside and out
    - Custom made fairings x 2
    - Öhlins shocks
    - Prepped fork
    - Metmachex swingarm
    - It had a different ignition system but it broke down so i put the original back in
    - Oil cooler, not mounted
    - and so on.

After i got it running i drove it for a while before i started making my own things for it. I was 17 when i started and progress have been slow due to breakdowns(all electrical), studies, lack of money and so on. Some of the things i've got.
    - 100% custom made seat in fibreglass/carbon (Only a prototype mounted in the pictures, the new one is on the floor)
    - Pegs made by me
    - Acewell speedo
    - Switched the clipons for a handlebar since it was almost impossible to drive with the pegs up my ass.
    - Modern rectifier/regulator
    - A couple of dynoruns
    - And some other things.

Coming this spring:
    - Finishing and mounting the seat.
    - Paint?
    - Sorting the wires, mounted for testing right now
    - Reweld some bird**** made by previous owner, relocate pegs.

Future:
    - Bigger carbs, it needs it.
    - Slimmed wires and electronics
    - Finally getting to ride it for real

I'll post some pictures for you. The black fairings weighs around 30kg in total and made driving horrible.

Comment

Gee Whiz. I like that a whole lot! Good looking and home designed and built, it appears.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Nice job. An improvement IMO....
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Welcome to the site, Jan.
          While i like the look of the old single seat, tail piece/side cover combo, your new home made seat will offer better ergos.
          The Dunstall pipe has a nice sound.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Welcome.

What air filters are you using?
            #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
            #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
            #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
            #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

What a gorgeous machine!
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Welcome. Definitely some impressive 'glass work. Nice job.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Thanks for the support, i guess i've come to the right place. The seat was a true pain, aprox 200-300 hours from CAD to first finished seat but thats what it takes when you don't find what you like on ebay and doing it the way i did with a reusable mold. I'd love to have some sidecovers but it is just to much work to do from scratch right now but since i don't plan on selling the beast but use it as a learning-platform nothing is impossible.

I don't know what make the pods are. I've done a couple of stacks in carbon and i'm thinking about mounting them with a larger filter covering all 4 carbs(picture). But the carb-issue isn't solved yet.

Other tricky bits:
                  Arm for shifter and brake in carbon tubes with glued aluminium inserts that is adjustable by turning(one end is left-thread)

Bought another one like this the other weekend. Worst bike i've laid my eyes on. Only for parts. Thank god it was cheap

I'll try to update as it progresses.

Comment

So those molds are CAD and CNC?

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                      So those molds are CAD and CNC?
                      Yep! Milled from styrofoam with a 5-axis wooden mill. Made at my university. Should have done them in MDF instead but this was cheaper and quicker in the mill. Some may call it cheating but it's atleast more built than bought.

Comment

It would only be cheating if you digitized someone else's with a lazer, and made that. I've just never heard of anyone doing it. That's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                          It would only be cheating if you digitized someone else's with a lazer, and made that. I've just never heard of anyone doing it. That's awesome.
                          Thanks! I've had some experience with it from things like these: http://www.liuformulastudent.se/

Comment

Got the bike back and borrowed a friends welder, got rid of the old pegmounts and welded some new one in.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X