New rider. GS550E Owner - UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
    Love the colour scheme...as Steve mentioned, it looks very much like a North American 650E.

Seems to be sporting oversized tyres, or is that the blackout making that happen? If indeed those are fat tires for the wheels, you may find the handling to be a tad sluggish compared to the narrower, stock tyre.
    Suzuki changed the style in the early 80's to the slopey tail sections and different side panels like the ones sold in the USA. My 1980 was completely different to the one you have.

Comment

Nice looking bike, I bet you feel a lot better riding it than the 125 !. The gs550 likes to rev but they are happy just plodding along also. Welcome to the site.
      My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

A late but hearty welcome to GSR, Luke. Firstly, congrats on passing your test!

Nice looking bike you have there, hope you have many happy miles ahead.
        The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

DSC_1527.jpg
          Daily commute

Comment

DSC_1522.jpg Lancashire england

Comment

Ahhhh, reminds me of commute between Wethersfield to Haverhill...with Finching Field and Steeple Bumsted in between.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
              X