Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promo code for Bike Bandit...

Hey all,

I'm about to "pull the trigger" on a set of Shinko 230's for my GS850G on Bike Bandit. On their checkout page, there is a spot where you can enter a Promo Code. Does anyone know where to find one? Saving money is always good...

Enter the word "BANG". Somebody said in the last couple of days that it had expired, but I have placed a couple of orders within the last month and it was still in effect.

Their standard shipping rate is a flat-rate $9.99, which can be attractive with a rather large order, but seems a bit ridiculous for a couple bolts and washers or small rubber bits.
    Over the last few years, the promo code has gotten you free shipping, then it went to $1. My order a month ago was $1.50. The order that arrived yesterday showed NO shipping charges.

The amount seems to be pot-luck, but it should be less than standard.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I don't think bike bandit is using that promo code
      sigpic
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Enter the word "BANG". Somebody said in the last couple of days that it had expired, but I have placed a couple of orders within the last month and it was still in effect.

Their standard shipping rate is a flat-rate $9.99, which can be attractive with a rather large order, but seems a bit ridiculous for a couple bolts and washers or small rubber bits.
        Over the last few years, the promo code has gotten you free shipping, then it went to $1. My order a month ago was $1.50. The order that arrived yesterday showed NO shipping charges.

The amount seems to be pot-luck, but it should be less than standard.

Hi Steve. I used that code at Parts Outlaw successfully three times over the last couple of weeks. But this is Bike Bandit. Plus, with any purchase over $99 you get free shipping anyway (which my two tires do). So there would have to be some promo code OTHER than free shipping to do me any good. Maybe I should just go ahead and do it.....

Comment

I bought some Shinko 230s last summer. Dennis Kirk had the best price I could find.
          Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
          2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
          1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
            I don't think bike bandit is using that promo code
            Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
            Hi Steve. I used that code at Parts Outlaw successfully three times over the last couple of weeks. But this is Bike Bandit.
            Yeah, OK, so I read too quickly at times.

I don't shop at the BANDIT any more, since they seem to be the second-most-expensive place to shop online.

They might have specials on stuff every once in a while, but I can find similar deals elsewhere, so I don't bother with the BANDIT.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by hannibal View Post
              I bought some Shinko 230s last summer. Dennis Kirk had the best price I could find.
              try JakeWilson.com

shinko 230 link
              Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2017, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. I bought a set of Shinko 230's yesterday at Dennis Kirk for $125.00 including shipping. And as for mounting them, I think that all things considered, I'm going to pay somebody to mount them for me. I don't ride that much, and this will likely be the only set of tires I have to mount, so any tools/equipment I might buy to do it myself would only be used once, making the ROI pretty poor.

Comment

I placed three orders from Parts Outlaw in January, and 'BANG' did not work.

Comment

I just placed an order with Parts Outlaw on Sunday, and the BANG promo code was in effect for $1.50 shipping.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                    1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

If the "BANG" code does not work for Parts Outlaw, call them and talk to customer service. Tell them you are ready to place an order and are on the GSR web forum. Normally they will activate the promo for you.
                      Ron
                      When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                      1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                      1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                      1982 GS1100E
                      1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Working...
                      X