Rear shock replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear shock replacement.

Hey all, not new but been a few years since on here. I have a 1984 GS1150 with the floater rear suspension. Shock is long gone or very near gone, and as I know there no getting a new one, what would be a fairly good replacement, for a fairly good price? Any suggestions?

NL-GS1150

Hagon - transformed my 850, admittedly from a low starting point.
    Three position preload, no damp adjust, street shocks about the 200 mark.

Just noticed first post in a while - Hi and Welcome Back
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I used Hagon for my 1100g. I got the base model (only preload adjust), but later thought the Nitro model would have been worth it (some adjustability, not much more cost). I think it's around $220 USD for the base model. Although I honestly don't think I need to change anything on my 1100g - I just like having the option after riding a bike with fully adjustable suspension.

Comment

British Cycle Supply in Nova Scotia is the Hagon distributor for Canada. They are around $600 with remote hydraulic preload adjuster. ....

GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Have you been asking essentially the same question for 2 years now?
          GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Originally posted by derwood View Post
            British Cycle Supply in Nova Scotia is the Hagon distributor for Canada. They are around $600 with remote hydraulic preload adjuster. ....

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...or-the-GS-1150
            there's also a distributer in BC, in Nakusp. Super nice guy to deal with.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

How do the Hagons compare to the Ikons? I'm looking for options for my GS650G.

Jim
              1981 GS550T (Long gone)
              1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Comment

Working...
              X