New member GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member GS750

Hi all, my name is Devin but spelt Devon and I just recently bought a 1978 GS750. Not really knowing much of the specifics about these bikes I'm sure this forum will be the place to come for questions. I haven't even picked up the bike yet but when I do I'll post some pictures of it. For those that want to know I live in Tampa, Florida and am a part time college student and part time pilot. Really looking forward to getting the bike and getting started! I know it needs some work before it's road worthy
    The current garage:
    1978 GS750
    1975 GT750M
    1984 CB700SC
    1982 XJ650 Seca Turbo
    1975 RD250 - 350 conversion

Just the place to come if you need help with getting it road worthy. Welcome to the site. Looking forward to the pics.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Devon. You will find everything you need here to put your bike in good shape. Also be sure to check out Bikecliff,s website for tutorials and pictures on everything from carbs to electrical gremlins. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Comment

Welcome Devon! The 750 is fine bike to own and work on!
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Great choice for a bike! Good luck with it! Let's see some pics when it arrives.
          Ron
          When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
          1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
          1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
          1982 GS1100E
          1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Gmorning Devon, (pronounced Devin)

This is the second pre-1980 GS750 being introduced to the GSR (that I've seen). I like it!

Definitely, post pics of your new (to you) bike. See you around when you post rebuild/specific topic thread about your bike!

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks guys! I picked it up today and rode it the 10 miles back home. I decided to go ahead and make a build thread here:

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Also what is the best way to tell what exact model I have so that I can order parts?

Edit: I assume that since my bike has the spoke wheels and single disk that it is the standard GS750C correct? Also I realize the pictures suck but I got carried away working on it and didnt take pictures until it was dark, I will post more later
              Last edited by The1970's; 04-15-2017, 10:33 PM.
              The current garage:
              1978 GS750
              1975 GT750M
              1984 CB700SC
              1982 XJ650 Seca Turbo
              1975 RD250 - 350 conversion

Comment

Working...
              X