Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coil Brackets - Electrical Conduit Two-Hole Straps

I can never understand why people buy coils that look like they should be on a tractor. These look great and fit straight on. Shame this thread starter was a lil sleepy when started the job.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD_83 View Post
    Either way, it's a good thing they are hidden from view.
    You can say that again. I might smooth them out a bit, but don't want to take off too much of the weld and have them pop off on me.

Quote Originally Posted by postman_pat View Post
    Were the conduit brackets zinc plated? That might explain the quality of those welds.
    I never thought of that. They looked like stainless, but the guy said it didn't matter what metal they were, that he would get them on there... Now I know what he meant. If I knew zinc plating could be an issue, I would have dunked them in HCL to strip any plating just in case. That's why I took it to a professional...because I don't know these kind of things.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    I can never understand why people buy coils that look like they should be on a tractor. These look great and fit straight on. Shame this thread starter was a lil sleepy when started the job.

The thing is, I have Accel coils. They didn't line up to the stock mounts, so I just cut them off and grabbed a couple of hose clamps to use with the brackets that come with the coils. They've stayed that way for 6 years or so. Looking back, I probably could have fabbed up some kind of adapter...I was impatient to get on the road though. Now that I'm doing a full tear down/rebuild and powder coating the frame in the process, I don't want to just throw the hose clamps back on there. They did their job though.