Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tab on right side passenger foot peg mount

Hi All,

While attempting to remove the rear tire on my '81 GS850G today, I discovered that the swing arm can't lower far enough to allow the axle to pass beneath the muffler on the left side. The reason is because there is a steel tab sticking out from the inside of the triangular mount for the right side passenger footpeg. Does anyone know if that tab serves any purpose - other than just making my life difficult? Is there any reason I should NOT just cut it off? (Steve, I know you and I already discussed this. Trying to build a consensus here).

I have attached a photo of it to this thread.

And yes, I realize there is rust on that bar. I'm working on it.......

DSC_2943_s.jpg

Swing arm stop is my thought. It will just let the swing arm drop way down when changing a tire or going airborne...and too far may damage the U joints.....And you cant let the swing arm NOT stop somewhere or the rear tire will never be suspended for its removal.
    Last edited by chuck hahn; 04-15-2017, 09:00 PM.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
    X