HELP oil fill cap on. Clutch cover case broke while changing oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP oil fill cap on. Clutch cover case broke while changing oil

Is there an alteritive way to add motor oil besides the obviouse oil fill hole ppz z help I dony know wgat to do

Gotta be a first here. Broke how ? Pic ?
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Very hard to read and in the wrong forum.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Did you break the tab off? You might be able to get a vise grip on the periphery.
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Look under the engine, you'll see a large nut, 21mm if my memory serves me right. Put the bike on it's side stand, put something soft on the ground and slowly and gently tip the bike over to it's side then continue to flip the bike over onto it's handlebars. You can use some wood or straps at this point to hold it steady but it 'should' balance quite well with the bars and seat. Now you have easy access to that nut, take it off and put in the approximate amount of oil you need then simply flip the bike back over. Oh, don't forget to drain the tank or you'll spill some gas.
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
            Look under the engine, you'll see a large nut, 21mm if my memory serves me right. Put the bike on it's side stand, put something soft on the ground and slowly and gently tip the bike over to it's side then continue to flip the bike over onto it's handlebars. You can use some wood or straps at this point to hold it steady but it 'should' balance quite well with the bars and seat. Now you have easy access to that nut, take it off and put in the approximate amount of oil you need then simply flip the bike back over. Oh, don't forget to drain the tank or you'll spill some gas.
            You have been marooned on that island too long.... WILSON!!!
            sigpic
            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260
            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

fix what you broke,
              take the clutch cover off and have it repaired or replaced...
              GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                Use some penetrating oil so you don't strip the threads on the oil bolt.
                1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                1977 GS550
                1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

CAN'T ANYONE READ THE HIGHLIGHTED YELLOW BAR AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE THAT SAYS;

THIS FORUM IS MEANT FOR QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE FORUM ITSELF. not NOT NOT not...GS RELATED QUESTIONS.

DAMN PEOPLE, LEARN TO READ.

If you posted a tech question here, you need to delete your post.
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Oh my all caps. Your shift key broke on the on position?
                    1983 GS 550 LD
                    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                      If you posted a tech question here, you need to delete your post.
                      No. It says your post will be deleted. Shesh Earl, cant you read !
                      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

yes on some channel locks or vice grips to unscrew the oil fill cap. If the threads are all jacked its time for new clutch cover with an oil cap already in it from a member here or Ebay.
                        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                        X