All I know is that it's a GS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
    With those cam covers, is that a 4 valve per engine? If so, was it rated as powerful as the 450 2 v engine?
    Yes it is a 4 valve engine. About the same output of the 450.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
      Yes it is a 4 valve engine. About the same output of the 450.
      Now I'm wondering if the 4v head fits the 450?. Partsoutlaw doesn't list the 400 to see if the head gasket has the same part number 11141-44110-H17.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Wow you guys are great! I thought I had an 83 650E for some reason lol. The Canada theory does make sense because the guys I got it from are from Canada. The plastic side covers that I have look just like the ones on that white one, too. I'll be getting back to the bike tomorrow and I'll be able to take another look with all this new information and figure out what I'm working with. Kinda bummed it's such small displacement, but I will be building this as my first ever street bike so I guess it's all good. Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Awesome, thank you so much! I'm going to be figuring my build budget this week and deciding if I'm going to just get an M Unit or not but regardless I'm sure this will be very useful.
          Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
          Also, I just rewired my 1980/1981 GS450 and made up a wiring diagram thats been working well so far. Here's the thread feel free to get in touch

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ustom-Harness)

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
            Now I'm wondering if the 4v head fits the 450?. Partsoutlaw doesn't list the 400 to see if the head gasket has the same part number 11141-44110-H17.
            I don't think so.To check stuff like that http://www.cmsnl.com/ would be the place to check.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Freshley View Post
              Wow you guys are great! I thought I had an 83 650E for some reason lol. The Canada theory does make sense because the guys I got it from are from Canada. The plastic side covers that I have look just like the ones on that white one, too. I'll be getting back to the bike tomorrow and I'll be able to take another look with all this new information and figure out what I'm working with. Kinda bummed it's such small displacement, but I will be building this as my first ever street bike so I guess it's all good. Thanks again everyone!
              If this is your first street bike a GS450 is a GREAT intro bike.Just to be clear you have a US spec GS450,nothing Canadian about it.

Comment

Well, I got back to the bike today and noticed this hahaha mystery solved! 1981 GS450E

Comment

Working...
                X