Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up my 1986 Gs1150EF, its a legit barn find, all original with 30,000 K on the clock. One owner bike, the orginal owner was "scared" by this bikes power and after riding it fer a few years parked it...Carbs had to be cleaned, tank cleaned and the valves adjusted...new battery and it started up...needs some cosmetic work and a few kilometers to iron out the bugs...however I was pretty pleased with finding her and Im looking forward to the forum and the various experts...Currently located in London Ontario...$_27.jpg

Sounds like a cool find!
    1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Comment

Nice! Welcome from a fellow 1150 geek.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome aboard

The red and white color scheme looks great!

I don't know why but I always thought most 1150s came in blue and white, is the red/white more rare ?

Comment

Gmorning and Welcome,

Very nice find. I figured Glen would be here. Lol

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome...I cant speak to the rarity of the colors, I can say that unmodified versions are pretty scarce...It was always a fav bike of mine during the 80s, when I couldnt afford one....and now that I can it does bring a nice grin to my mug...Needs some work, the rubber on the signals has rot...seat needs a re-skin....few other things however Im looking forward to looking back...if you know what I mean...

Comment

Originally posted by jibledso View Post
              Welcome aboard

The red and white color scheme looks great!

I don't know why but I always thought most 1150s came in blue and white, is the red/white more rare ?
              More than once, I have heard that the red ones are faster.
              "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
              Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by crossmi View Post
                ...however Im looking forward to looking back...if you know what I mean...
                Yep, know exactly what you mean. I loved the 80s! Welcome, and extremely nice bike.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Nice.

Welcome.

Thanks for posting picture.

Do tell us more of your adventures.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome to the site.
                    Who knew legit barn finds still existed?
                    Every one i have seen lately should stay in the barn.
                    Doesn't look like you need anything but there are 2 vintage swap meets in your area in the next couple months.
                    A small one on Sat. morning, Apr. 29 and the big one is June 16-18. Both are held at the Paris fairgrounds.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks for the tips..Im thinking a replacement windshield as well as turn signals..the rubber hasnt aged very well...mind you...neither have I..

Comment

Working...
                      X