Best place to buy new carb boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to buy new carb boots?

So ive narrowed down my issues to having old crappy carb boots on my 82 gs550. The o rings seem pretty bad, the rubber on the boots itself isnt too bad, but is missing off of the metal flange that bolts to the engine, and seems to have a cpuple of crackd in that area.

I know they're on the pricey side but oh well, i dont want to screw around trying to rtv the cracks back in. So wheres a good place to get new repalcemnets? Are there aftermarket ones that are better than others?

Bite the bullet about $29 each

Shop our large selection of Suzuki OEM parts, original equipment manufacturer parts and more online or call at 386-740-2452
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Parts outlaw has them for $28.32/each at the moment. Partzilla is pretty much the same. I don't believe you'll find any aftermarket boots that come close to the quality of the OEM ones.

The BANG code (free shipping) for Partsoutlaw is reportedly still good, but it's still only $9.99 if not.
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

20170420_182854.jpgthe o ring looks pretty bad

Comment

You guys agree that these carb boots are probably leaking a ton of air right?
          Attached Files

Comment

Get your orings from www.cycleorings.com; the owner, Robert Barr, is a member here
            sigpic
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by fieldmatt2 View Post
              You guys agree that these carb boots are probably leaking a ton of air right?
              Not the worst I have seen, but there is a chunk out of the o-ring, and it looks like there is RTV already at the base of the intake boot. I wouldn't be surprised if you have some cracks/holes opening up when the engine gets hot.
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                Not the worst I have seen, but there is a chunk out of the o-ring, and it looks like there is RTV already at the base of the intake boot. I wouldn't be surprised if you have some cracks/holes opening up when the engine gets hot.
                Yeah dude, the bike only idles on full choke and revs up when the engine is warm

Comment

Just get new ones it's likely the last time you'll ever have to.
                  1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                  1977 GS550
                  1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                    The BANG code (free shipping) for Partsoutlaw is reportedly still good, but it's still only $9.99 if not.
                    I have placed two orders within the last few weeks, BANG was honored both times.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I would say that these people are pretty good, they also also quite quick

✓Get the PIPE,INTAKE,L ✓Manufacturercode: 13120-49100 ✓Genuine Suzuki part

By the way, does anyone know how to tell the left and right boots apart on a gs1000g, they look identical to me, but I expect I will find out when it comes time to refit them!

Comment

For the engine-side boots, look at the orientation of the ports for the carb synch adaptors. They point outward and down.

Cannot remember now what to look for on the airbox-side boots, sorry!
                        1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

That's on the metal manifold rather than on the rubber boots (at least it is on my gs1000g)

Comment

Working...
                          X