The perfect bar hopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The perfect bar hopper

What is the preferred bike of the gs community to hop between bars and such. Obviously disregarding the political correctness of that statement. For me its my tc185 light and nimble and when i park it right at the door of my favorite bar (the stamp) the castor oil envelops the establishment in a haze of glory when i het thestart button. Man i love that sound of a 70s air cooled 2 stroke

I miss riding this little ghetto trick around, the previous owner installed a smaller main jet and i ended up melting the piston (sobar) stock is a 131 and installed is a 87.5.. how it ran is beyond me.. she'll be back soon
    I build Pipers

I just got this thing off a buddy of mine:

The idea was for me to flip it, but it's great for taking the kids (one at a time)......and there's enough room under the seat to carry a case of beer in ice......so I can take the bar with me!
    Current:
    Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
    VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
    And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Scooters are fun.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
        What is the preferred bike of the gs community to hop between bars and such. Obviously disregarding the political correctness of that statement. For me its my tc185 light and nimble and when i park it right at the door of my favorite bar (the stamp) the castor oil envelops the establishment in a haze of glory when i het thestart button. Man i love that sound of a 70s air cooled 2 stroke

I miss riding this little ghetto trick around, the previous owner installed a smaller main jet and i ended up melting the piston (sobar) stock is a 131 and installed is a 87.5.. how it ran is beyond me.. she'll be back soon
        I don't get how you don't burn you leg?

Comment

I had a TS250, loved that thing.
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Personally, I think the PERFECT "bar hopper" is a bike that will NOT run at all.

As far as I know, the only reason most people visit a bar is to consume alcohol.

If you are consuming alcohol, you have no business riding a motorcycle, or even driving a car.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Well the term is a more or less a generic term. Not specifically meant to go to bars, but a bike thats not massively over sized in downtown and city areas. Although i have taken that one to bars, i dont drink more than one or two depending on how much ive had to eat haha..
              I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Personally, I think the PERFECT "bar hopper" is a bike that will NOT run at all.

As far as I know, the only reason most people visit a bar is to consume alcohol.

If you are consuming alcohol, you have no business riding a motorcycle, or even driving a car.

AMEN, Steve! Personally, I will not drive or ride when drinking. If I am going to have a drink/beer or three, I do it at home.
                Last edited by Guest; 04-21-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                  AMEN, Steve! Personally, I will not drive or ride when driving. If I am going to have a drink/beer or three, I do it at home.
                  +1 on that! One beer and I won't even sit on the bike (temptation). Also I've found it very difficult to drive and ride at the same time but I am willing to learn!??

But seriously, I'd love to have a little zip around town bike like a 250 or 400 something or other.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

For buzzing around town on any road (or none at all), an XR600R would be a hoot.
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                      +1 on that! One beer and I won't even sit on the bike (temptation). Also I've found it very difficult to drive and ride at the same time but I am willing to learn!??

But seriously, I'd love to have a little zip around town bike like a 250 or 400 something or other.
                      I love my XJ650 for short trips, and if I wander into town.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        Some people might poo-poo the idea, or find them too small, but I have an absolute blast tossing our Rebel 250 around in city traffic.
                        '83 GS650G
                        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I didnt mean to stur up the pot with the drinking and driving thing guys, the term bar hopper is just a name my buddys and i always called the smaller bikes like that you know..
                          I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                            I didnt mean to stur up the pot with the drinking and driving thing guys, the term bar hopper is just a name my buddys and i always called the smaller bikes like that you know..
                            Its all good Brandon. I figured you were just describing something like a cafe bike, hopping from one to the next not necessarily with a belly full of beer. Still a good topic to throw out there once in a while.

I rode my Rebel 250 all over Albuquerque and did have a blast on it. That was a few kids and grandkids ago though...
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

The best bar hopper I had was a DR400. Light, nimble, pokey and always ready to go.

Some bars were pretty far away...

09 dr400.jpg
                              The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Working...
                              X