No announcement yet.

The perfect bar hopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always figured a bar hopper was a cool looking, but very uncomfortable bike to ride. Like a bobber of chopper not designed for long rides, hense the bar hopper. Designed more for posing while you're at the next stop than going for a soul cleaning ride.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Me thinks we're discussing potentially different bikes. While I feel no need to impress, I think a typical bar hopper / bike night bike would be a little over the top, and generally not good for long rides.

An in town bomber sounds like more of what's in question here. A small easy bike with perhaps a means to carry small items back from the spirits store, etc. This is exactly my intent for the rusty old scooter if it ever gets a title and registered.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Maybe something like this? Nimble, compact, looks fun!

1965 Ducati 250 Scrambler. Black and Silver Very original, great condition for its age

https://santafe.craigslist.org/mcy/6098258087.html

I've noticed something interesting take place with threads like this. Maybe it started for me in a thread titled why do we need more than one. Well, as one member put it each bike in the stable scratches a particular itch. There's only one problem, what if you keep developing a chronic itch? Like laying in bed trying to sleep and your leg itches, no big deal just scratch it. Then your nose, ok last one, scratch then sleep. Nope another pops up, ok ignore it and sleep, trying....trying.... ok just scratch but then another. It doesn't end unless you can just convince yourself to be content and relax. This is the motorcycle conundrum, there's no end as far as I can see. If you've got the time, space, and finances to play the itch and scratch game then by all means have at it. If not, as in my case, then relax and dream!
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

parhopper.jpg

This is my bar hopper...much safer after a couple cold ones...
          1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            Me thinks we're discussing potentially different bikes. While I feel no need to impress, I think a typical bar hopper / bike night bike would be a little over the top, and generally not good for long rides.

An in town bomber sounds like more of what's in question here. A small easy bike with perhaps a means to carry small items back from the spirits store, etc. This is exactly my intent for the rusty old scooter if it ever gets a title and registered.
            As long as the vin is clean i might be able to help with that
            I build Pipers

Comment

This is completely OT cause I realize what we are talking about is a nimble MC used to run errands and such but......

.....all the real "bar hoppers" around here are pirates on HDs and Ive seen them in action. Some actually do drink ! One came out of the local last year at 2AM, fired up that obnoxiously loud POS. Did a few burnouts then launched down the street and hit and killed a young gal Army Vet then ran and hid. Hes in jail now. No more bar hopping for him ! Sad....

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

On to the next bar!image.jpg
                1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

That made me laugh!
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                    As long as the vin is clean i might be able to help with that
                    Thanks Brandon.
                    I just need to make time to do it. I'm pretty certain the Vin is good. It was last registered in the Virgin Islands in '65, then brought here by the original owner. Then it sat for many years. I actually went thru the process to get a title thru the state. But they responded that only a bill of sale is needed.
                    I should be able to get something.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Yeah that sounds like it'll not be a problem then
                      I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                        On to the next bar![ATTACH=CONFIG]50659[/ATTACH]
                        Aloha snack bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        I build Pipers

Comment

It popped into my head that the bike you started the thread with is very similar to the first bike I ever rode on- a 70s TS 250. The hunting club my father was in had a cabin in PA. We vacationed there as kids, and the neighbors cabin was owned by another friends club. The bike was parked under the porch and always ready for a ride. One evening my dad put me on the back and took me for a ride up into the mountains on the paved and / or gravel roads depending on location.
                          sigpic

Glen
                          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            It popped into my head that the bike you started the thread with is very similar to the first bike I ever rode on- a 70s TS 250. The hunting club my father was in had a cabin in PA. We vacationed there as kids, and the neighbors cabin was owned by another friends club. The bike was parked under the porch and always ready for a ride. One evening my dad put me on the back and took me for a ride up into the mountains on the paved and / or gravel roads depending on location.
                            Love the ts/tc bikes. My tc185 is identical to a ts185 except its 12v with electric start and has a high and low range gear box. Its all sugar sand round here and it has a tough time in it so its off road days are over. Soon as the knobbys are dead im going to run old school avons with some lower bars on it. Need a new piston first though.
                            I build Pipers

Comment

Although I have this wild dream of stuffing my titan 500 engine in there with a little bracing, doing an 18/18 wheel combo with the low rise bars... ohhh boy it'd be a riot
                              I build Pipers

Comment

I like some storage space. A rack with a milk crate on it and we are in business.
                                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                                X