Thread: Orlando to Tampa to get a bike, Need help hauling back. $100

Default Orlando to Tampa to get a bike, Need help hauling back. $100

Anyone in the Orlando, FL area wanna make some cash on April 30th? Need truck or trailer transportation to pick up the bike in Tampa, FL and bring it back to Orlando. I will buy breakfast/lunch/dinner, pay for gas and give some cash for the time... Basically I'll pay ya $100 total... That is what it would cost me to rent a U-haul to get it.

A cargo van would work as well.

PM me

IF you want to know specifics. Chuluota, FL to Clearwater, FL and back.

1981 GS450EX
    After working on jet engines for 20 years...I thought a bike would be easy.
    My ex-wife asked me what she could have done to make me desire her more... I said " become a woman that can transform into a motorcycle at any time ......that and learn to cook and become a mute during football games"
    The Ron Burgundy Effect : Reading or copying whatever is in front of you without any thought or comprehension of what you just read.

earlfor is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

What bike did you find?
    03 Bandit 12S
    2011 TU250

"Don't ride unless you know how to pay attention. It takes focus.".....Peter Fonda, after 50 years of riding.

The shortest distance between two points is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by earlfor View Post
    What bike did you find?
    GS850, I have a trailer....just need a truck now. Or I rent a cargo van for $60-100.
    Last edited by Blue Falcon; 04-23-2017 at 12:55 PM.

1981 GS450EX
    My ex-wife asked me what she could have done to make me desire her more... I said " become a woman that can transform into a motorcycle at any time ......that and learn to cook and become a mute during football games"
    The Ron Burgundy Effect : Reading or copying whatever is in front of you without any thought or comprehension of what you just read.

A Uhaul motorcycle trailer is just 25 bucks or so for a 24 HR rental..your other 75 offered up covers your gas. Its really a no brainer from my view point...Uhaul rental.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C(X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck hahn View Post
    A Uhaul motorcycle trailer is just 25 bucks or so for a 24 HR rental..your other 75 offered up covers your gas. Its really a no brainer from my view point...Uhaul rental.
    Chuck he has a trailer but nothing to tow it with.
    81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

I offered $150 round trip, my truck my trailer my gas? I guess thats tooooooo much.

Just rent a Uhaul cargo van or small moving truck and put it in the back, no trailer needed.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

*For those that want it, PM me for Mark Harrops email.*

earlfor is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Falcon View Post
    GS850, I have a trailer....just need a truck now. Or I rent a cargo van for $60-100.
    A trailer is the way to go. Getting an 850 in and out of a van would be a pain in the butt.
    03 Bandit 12S
    2011 TU250

"Don't ride unless you know how to pay attention. It takes focus.".....Peter Fonda, after 50 years of riding.

The shortest distance between two points is boring.

Thanks all, one of my fellow Vets came thru for me. It is great to have great friends, free truck and free trailer for the weekend....kinda I just have to pay for gas. I now have a truck and trailer for this weekend. Hope to be posting a pic of the bike this Sunday.

1981 GS450EX