Electric Oil pumps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Oil pumps?

Pro stock 1755 with a Electric Oil pump, Ive never heard of this any one? Thanx Mike

Would seem a bit unorthodox as a "Pro stock 1755" sounds like a drag bike that wouldn't have a charging system or a battery....
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I just read about one .Record Holder .! Why would it NOT have a BATTERY?? You think he is running a magneto?

Comment

Originally posted by madmikeracing View Post
        Why would it NOT have a BATTERY?? You think he is running a magneto?
        I have no idea. Maybe a drag motor guy will explain it to us. This be a drag bike motor......No starter clutch,rotor,or stator,

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Drag bike and some vintage road race bikes use small batteries that have enough juice to just get them thru the race and are then re-charged in the pits. I think it's called a "total loss" electrical system.

Comment

clarification Supplied Guys.

Search link supplied electric oil pump

Woul;d be good idea since oil pumps suck horsepower i imagine.

Comment

Probably was a Typo Misprint and he may of meant Vacuum Pump .

Comment

Many drag bikes use a pair of cordless power tool batteries to run the ignition and the electronics. They snap on and are replaced each round with freshly charged ones. The Vacuum pump, or sometimes 2 improves ring seal and can add up to 10% horsepower.
                sigpic
                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                1983 GS1100e
                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                1980 GS1260
                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                X