No announcement yet.

Hesitation between 2500 and 3500 RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See page 3 of his site. Measure the inside diameter of the intake oring groove and order accordingly
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I appreciate all your help! All the parts are ordered and hopefully this will do the trick.

Comment

Took the carbs off again and soaked them two at a time in Ferryman's overnight. Replaced the rubber boots between the carbs and the head. drilled out the pilot screw welsh plugs and adjusted them while running. It still stumbles at 3000 RPM with very little throttle. I am stumped! Any suggestions what to try next?

Comment

If you didn't COMPLETELY disassemble the carb then you haven't rebuilt them yet. Quit wasting yours and everyone else time and to it right. Those adjustment screws needed to be removed BEFORE you soaked them. Follow the link to the carb rebuild tutorial and do it the proper way.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
          1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
          1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Sorry to waste everyone's time! I did COMPLETELY disassemble the carbs and removed the piolet screws. Soaked all of them 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by windjammer View Post
              Sorry to waste everyone's time! I did COMPLETELY disassemble the carbs and removed the piolet screws. Soaked all of them 24 hours.
              Did you follow all the directions? Did you poke out each jet opening? Did you verify that every passage is flowing by using spray cleaner through them? Did you sync the carbs AFTER a valve adjustment?

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
              1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
              1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Working...
              X