cruzinimage_co intake boots???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cruzinimage_co intake boots???

Has anyone purchased intake boots from a seller named cruzinimage_co on Ebay? I ordered a set of 4 for about $52.00 including shipping, and was wondering if I wasted my money on these Japanese intake boots. Anyone have any experience with them.
    Ron
    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
    1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
    1982 GS1100E
    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Guess we will all know when you post your review.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I'll be sure to let you know when they arrive in a couple of weeks. I'm optimistic that they are higher quality than I expect.
      Ron
      When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
      1982 GS1100E
      1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Several members of the Suzuki two stroke forum have used cruzinimage boots & the results have varied. Some have had cracking & others have had no problems.

Judging by forum comments, we’ve had good results with piston kits & gasket sets. Not so much with carb kits.
        There were some carb boot clamp problems, but the comments suggest that they improved the clamps & they are now fine.

I recently bought some of their carb kits just for the float bowl gaskets, which are a bit thicker than NOS gaskets. The float bowls on some of the older two strokes can warp a bit & cause sealing problems. My results are TBD.

Comment

I've had a set on my gs1100 for years with zero problems. I've also ordered many other parts and all have been fine. Great prices and fast shipping.

Paul Jones
          80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

same here (GS1000) ... piston kit perfect, intake boots very nice, other parts all good.
            Good prices, ships fast, no issues whatsoever.
            Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
            VM Carb rebuild tutorial
            Bikecliff's website
            The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

I got mine a few weeks ago - so far so good as far as I can tell. The rubber is pretty soft and the O-rings fit :

My bike isn't on the road yet so I haven't thoroughly `tested' them.
              1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
              1977 GS550
              1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Got the intake boots from cruzinimage_co earlier this week and installed them tonight. Fit was fine and they look like higher quality than I expected. They went on fine with new O-rings and fasteners from Robert Barr! Thanks Robert!
                Ron
                1982 GS1100E
                1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Thought I would chime in on this as I've put about 10,000 miles on my cruzinimage_co intake boots. Three out of four are doing fine but this is the forth. The rubber started to separate after about 5,000/6,000 miles and then got a little worse from there. As far as I can tell from plug readings (and carb spray) there is no leak yet but it's something I keep an eye on now.

For $52, I'm still happy with the miles I've gotten out of them so far.

1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                  1977 GS550

Comment

Sure appreciate you updating this thread, really good of you.
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Okay another update for anybody else who is looking to use these. I was able to pull them apart like this with the outer two boots. They were splitting a little as I showed in my previous post from a little ways back so I think I caught it early on. This is after ~13,000 miles/one year and taking the carbs off and putting them back on several times for various reasons. Replaced them last night with OEM.

1977 GS550

Comment

I just shelled out $28 apiece for new OEM ones for my brother's 1100G. Threw in OEM O rings and 4 carb float bowl gaskets, and it was pushing $170 with shipping. I didn't know about non OEM boots. Looking at them here, that may be just as well. Thanks for the information.
                        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

I bought a set for 82 gs1100. So far so good the ones I had were originals to the bike and had cracked. Mine just a boot only so no flange for them to tear off of.

Comment

FWIW...

I put OEM boots on 10-12 years ago. Carbs came on and off tons of times. Rode countless thousands of miles, the last miles were on a 9000 mile cross country trek over 3 months. Then I fried my stator, had a head gasket leak, and a ton of other issues towards the end of that trek. Limped home, bike sat for 4-5 years...1/2 of that time outside under a cover (which ripped up after some time).

Decided to put the old girl back on the road. Came to the point in my rebuild where it was time for intake boots. I expected to have to buy new ones (and cringed at the cost), but the 10-12 year old OEM boots that have been through hell are still soft and supple with no rips, tears, or cracks at all.
                            sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

I bought a set 12mths ago for my 79 gs550 now 673 ish using gs650 pistons, head, cylinders, 550 cv carbs rejetted .

seemed fine but where you screw adaptors in for balancing( i used a morgan carb tune) the threads dont come up high enough in the holes for threaded carb balancers adaptors to grip , so i had to use 4 x .8mm mini mig welding tips with m5 threads to adapt balancer pipes from carb balancer to get them to hold tight.
                              On the suzuki intake boots the threads come almost to the surface of boot so adaptors grip well, but on cruzin ones threads are recessed about 4 or 5mm deep

Comment

Working...
                              X