No announcement yet.

Gs1000 electrical problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the micro power digital ignition kit with the digital coils that doesn't use the mechanical advance so no idea how it behaves as yet.

Hadn't heard about the dodgy fuse box but should be ok now. Cleaned it up & resoldered all the joints but might buy a newer type.

It was running fine when I stopped using it but I bought an xtz750 so started using that. Will give the carbs another cleaning out. Pilots ok now as it picked up nicely from idle but still not right over 4k
    The choke is on the left of carbs & yes I think a replacement tank. Its only done 32k in the 38 years so still plenty of miles left in her once sorted.
    I read the stator pages,some useful stuff there & once i get it running again will test the stator output. Think I'll have to buy some cheap coils & put points back on until I get this sorted .
    Thanks for taking the time to give me a hand

Comment

You need to be sure to clean the carb body as shown in the tutorial. That's what gets plugged, not just the jets
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Yes took carbs round my brothers with loads of carb cleaner & used his compressor to blow all the passages through. Going to go to boyer bransden office on Tuesday to find out what it will cost me to replace the bits I need. Definitely the blue box but hoping coils will be ok.

Comment

Working...
        X