air box drain hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air box drain hose

I did enough searching to figure out there's supposed to be a drain hose on my 1100g air box (airbox) - and now I learned they actually show it on the 850g schematic (but not the 1100g schematic): #11 and #12 - which have been updated to be the same P/N

What I can't figure out is how the hose is supposed to connect to the air box, and if it's technically supposed to be plugged or open. The schematic shows what looks like a grommet or fitting. A search for the actual part shows a hose with a flare at one end, and what looks like a plug at the other? Or maybe there's a slit in the plug that I'm not seeing? The schematic shows the fitting/plug end inside the air box, but if it's a drain plug, that wouldn't make sense. So I'm confused.

Worst case scenario is I rig up a hose connection and leave the end of the hose open, where it at least acts like a restriction but lets fluid drain.

Seems like my 82 1100G L had that hose connected to the metal portion of the airbox, under the filter. Maybe that was incorrect, don't know but that bike is long gone.

My 83 has the hose run up through the filter area into the plastic portion above.

Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Thank you! That helps, and makes more sense

Comment

Working...
      X