Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Know Where i Can Find OEM Seat Foam/Cushion

Hi,
    a little while back of couple of you here at the forum helped me locate a new seat cover. I got it, its perfect, pit replica was very responsive and shipped surprisingly fast from Thailand. I pulled off the old cover and realized that the the cushion had been hacked up quite a bit by the previous owner. No wonder the old ripped cover sagged so much. I'm not a fan of the way this seat was hacked up and am looking for a way to replace the seat foam, after some looking all i managed to find was a used one on ebay, which would have been perfect, but it was worn beyond use. Which leads me too my question, do you have any idea where i can find OEM Seat Foam?

i'd buy another bad seat, with a rusted bottom plate and bad seat cover.
    The OEM foam is often ok... maybe have the seller cut the
    seat cover off and just send you the inside to save on shipping.
    They are not for sale new OEM..
    Last edited by Rijko; 04-29-2017, 04:43 PM.
    Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
    VM Carb rebuild tutorial
    Bikecliff's website
    The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

I think I saved the seat foam from a 77-79 750E. The pan was shot, but the foam was in great shape. Maybe someone here knows if it will work or not.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I have a whole seat for an '81 GS650. I think it's too good to be "parted-out", but I can have a closer look at it soon. ( part of a acquisition of a whole bike, plus a collection of spares, like a whole shaft drive assembly, crankshaft, cylinder head, set of pistons, and more).

I'm in Canada, and my postal code is K2JZ. if you weigh your seat, you should be able to get a ball-park idea of what shipping costs would be, then you could make me an offer for the whole seat plus shipping.

regards,

Geezer

Comment

I have a junk GS450 seat that you can have the foam off if you think it might be of any use. The 850 seat is probably larger and so `shaving down' might not be an option but if you just want extra foam to patch it up your current foam you are welcome to it. I'm not too far from you, too.
          1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
          1977 GS550
          1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

I would think any upholstery shop that recovers car seats would have it or at least know where to get it. Also, Ebay has some suppliers too.
            80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Spencer seats refoamed my ZRX seat with new, more comfortable foam reusing my stock seat cover. Problem is, he had stock seat to copy
              Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
              Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
              Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Working...
              X