Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Shadow toy

Picked up this beauty recently.

Has 3k on the clock. 2003 Honda VTX 1800C. Has Kuryakyn Hypercharger along with Cobra exhaust and programmer. Needless to say she goes. I rode her 100 miles this past Saturday then rode the 850 and dear lord what a difference. Bike is pretty much built the way I want it from the get go so the only thing I am going to do is pull the smog equipment and call it a day. This will probably become my long distance rider unless the fiance decides she likes it better than I do.

My dad had a 2003 vtx 1800 in green, it was a beautiful bike. I have some good memories riding with him as a kid on our country roads.

I hope it serves you well, looks like it's in beautiful shape!

Brent

Comment

It is definitely in good shape. Original owner bought it, built it, then parked it at 100 miles due to injury. After some years my buddy got it and rode it two years then parked it two more after starter solenoid crapped out (he isn't mechanically inclined and his in law that tried to fix it had no clue). I fixed the solenoid, gave it a once over, and pressed her back into service. Before anyone says it, date codes on tires. Yes, I know lol. It will get fresh rubber soon. All told, I have a 14 yr old barely broken in Honda that should be good for 100k miles or better. I can't wait to get back out on it.

Comment

Looks awesome. Do you have any mod plans for it?

Comment

Good looking bike. I wouldn't mind having one (with stock mufflers). Enjoy

Comment

No plans to mod, as everything I'd do is already done. Intake, exhaust, and tuner. Only plans really are new tires and that's about it. Well, that and pull the smog stuff but for the most part I have just been riding it.

Comment

I love the VTX1800 engine. But it's a cruiser and I could never get over that. Wheel base is too long for anything to fast (in the twisties).

I got mine for stupid cheap, turned it into a bobber cafe, loved riding it.

Until... I low slided it and almost wrecked it. Sold it shortly after. Not easy to get a pig of a bike out a floor board low slide but I got it out, brought it home and threw her on CL. The trade up that year yielded my TUX which I have more fun on the the 1800...

Great bike, if you cruise with it you will love it.

Maybe I'll see you out there!
              Last edited by Jedz123; 05-20-2017, 06:56 PM.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

never will I own another Vtwin anything.
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                  never will I own another Vtwin anything.
                  thanks,chuck, I've been wondering if you would or not.

Comment

These bikes use playdough for the seat bolts so I followed the popular trend in the VTX community and drilled out the mounts to accept 3/8" ball and detent pins. No more stripped bolts and easy seat removal. Getting ready to order the smog block off plates next week then I will be done with the "build" for the most part. I'd like to do a dyno tune with the fuel programmer but I don't know anywhere in the northeast that would do it plus $$$.

Comment

Nice bike! Looks like a torque monster. And sturdy!

Maybe a small windshield? Are those bag mounts on the back?
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I'd wrap those ball and detent pin rings in rubber or vinyl or it'll mess up the chrome trim there...Nice ride.
                        Is that a Conquest behind the photographer...hard telling since he's in the way.....

Comment

It's torquey as hell lol. And at 750lbs wet, she is sturdy as they come. She rolls down the road as smooth as butter. I had an el cheapo windshield on it that made the buffeting worse more than it helped so I pulled it for now. Will have to snoop around in that dept. I will be using heat shrink on the ball pins as soon as I can get it big enough to protect the chrome. It has saddle bag mounts but they apparently were destroyed or lost as I did not get them when I got the bike. Not sure what you see being reflected but it's just the inside of my garage. No other cool toys to speak of atm.

Comment

So I can safely say I am in love with Plasti-Dip. Tore the old girl down and laid down a bit of a different color for fun. Such an easy thing to do. Whole process including dry time was around 4-6 hours. Will be experimenting with some brighter colors in the near future.

Comment

Nice looking bike. Funny....I was out and about in NH this weekend and noticed seeing a lot of the VTX's up here. I like how low they are, looks like a real easy ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X