No announcement yet.

New Shadow toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw one VTX when I went to Laconia for bike week (1300) plus one 1300 Fury. Other than that, I haven't seen any others. I do live in a small town almost as far north as you can get so that may be part of it. It's definitely an easy, smooth ride. I really love the fact that it's so big yet very nimble. I have no trouble getting it done in the twisties. I run out of clearance and drag peg before I run out of tire or confidence.

Comment

Got my new GoPro clone (Faux-Pro?) camera on Saturday so I have been filming video from differing mounting methods. Helmet mount has too much wind noise and the perspective is too high. Headlight mount the perspective is awesome but the video is very shaky. Mounting the camera atop the risers was almost perfect but the perspective was a bit low. The headlight was visible in the footage and the camera tended to focus on it leaving everything else blurry. So expanding on that I came up with this mount. Fabbed it up from scrap aluminum I had from another project. It's not pretty but it does the job and is only held on with double sided tape so easily removed should I move on to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowFocus603 View Post
        I saw one VTX when I went to Laconia for bike week (1300) plus one 1300 Fury. Other than that, I haven't seen any others. I do live in a small town almost as far north as you can get so that may be part of it. It's definitely an easy, smooth ride. I really love the fact that it's so big yet very nimble. I have no trouble getting it done in the twisties. I run out of clearance and drag peg before I run out of tire or confidence.
        Mine had 3/4 inch chicken strips when I low slided... It just isn't designed to run out the width of the tire... Be safe
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I figured out early that I'd never get the full width of the tire scrubbed. Thanks for the heads up. I am working towards a new set of tires right now. Once I get them in I am sending the current rear tire out viking style. Plenty of smoke and video to go with lol.

Comment

Got the new front tire installed this past Saturday. What a difference. Going to order the rear tomorrow and hopefully have it on by the weekend. What I wouldn't give to know a guy with a tire machine. Armstrong tire swapping is getting old these days... Most of my local shops won't touch it if I buy the tires myself. Or they want a fortune to do it. Blegh.

Comment

What size are you running in the front? I swapped over to much narrower tire in the front (vs the 140) and it was night and day difference in flickability. What did you end up using for tread? I ran Shinko 777 on my X and it was a very nice tire for that bike.
              FYI I'm rolling through your neck of the woods tomorrow.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I am running Shinko 890's 130/70 up front and 180/70 rear. What time are you coming through?

Comment

One of the guys at work had the 1800. He pines for it now. He claims that he ran in the 12s at the drags on it, which is pretty respectable for a one time try on a cruiser. He has one of those Gold Wing based cruisers now, the 1500.
                  sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

So she is sitting in the driveway looking like I left her in the inner city overnight lol. I am going in the morning to get the rear tire swapped. I did the front by hand but it left my hands sore for 3 days. Not doing that again.

Comment

Got the new rear tire installed this morning and changed the oil so I decided to go for a little ride. All I can say is wow. It still amazes me how much difference a new set of tires can make in the way a bike rides. The ride is so much smoother and planted than it's ever been. It was easily one of the most satisfying rides I have taken in a long time. About 3/4 of the way around my test loop there is a particularly twisty section that begs to ridden spiritedly. I had enough miles on the tires and enough heat in them I decided to push it a little and it was downright exhilarating. Looking forward to putting some major miles on this bike in the coming months. I feel like my 850G is slowly being abandoned lol.

Comment

Pulled the Cobra exhaust and modded the factory exhaust for a new look. Used the end cap off the stock muffler joined directly to the head pipe and made my own baffle. Sounds about the same but without the extraneous piping hanging off the side.

Comment

Nice!
                          I like that pipe, bet its loud AF
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

That is a sweet ride. I'm thinking something like that in the future for cruising around with the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              Nice!
                              I like that pipe, bet its loud AF
                              Not really. I made my own baffle to bring the sound in line with the Cobra exhaust that was on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X