1979 gs750e bobber project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 gs750e bobber project

Hi just a little history before my questions. I recently picked up a 79 gs750 and I'm hoping to turn it into a bobber and I'd like to change to pods and a 4 into 1 exhaust. I've searched for a jet kit to suitable for this but apparently dynojet don't do any for the vm26ss carbs that are on it does any know of any available anywhere?
    My next question is what would be a nice looking transferable gas tank to put on it, something a little better than stock mine is too bad of condition to reuse without a lot of work.

If your going bobber, an L tank is a better shape. I have one with a nice rust patina. I can check with a friend on what may work best. I'm guessing your in Canada? Do you have an elevation I can tell him for the jetting?

Here is the difference between the E and L tank. E blue, L patina. You would have to modify the mounting as it is shorter, but your'e bobbing it anyway, so no biggie.
    Last edited by gsrick; 05-03-2017, 08:41 PM.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Do you have an elevation I can tell him for the jetting?

I'm not sure what you mean by elevation? I worked my tank last night I got it mostly repaired. I am going to a bike bone yard next week so I'll see what's there for L tanks it would look nicer

Comment

Originally posted by damodavis View Post
        I'm not sure what you mean by elevation?
        How far above sea level you are at. Saskatoon is shown at 482m above sea level on wikipedia, so that should be close enough.

You should also ask a moderator to move this thread to the Projects forum where it belongs. You aren't going to get much traffic in the Tips and Tricks forum.

Mark
        1982 GS1100E
        1998 ZX-6R
        2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

My 81 750 with 1166, bobber!
          Attached Files

Comment

I've always loved the shape of this tank. Comes with gas cap and petcock for less than $150.00.
            Attached Files
            80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
              I've always loved the shape of this tank. Comes with gas cap and petcock for less than $150.00.
              Where?
              This sound like a good deal.
              Marc
              AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
              1978 GS1000C X2
              1978 GS1000E X2
              1979 GS1000S
              1979 gs1000
              1983 gs400e

Comment

Working...
              X