Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time I left my parish (county) on 2 wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time I left my parish (county) on 2 wheels.

It was relatively cool and sunny on Sunday here in New Orleans. I had the day off and I thought I should recover my seat, since the new seat cover came in the mail. But instead I decided to go for a short ride. Really the first time I left New Orleans proper. I took US 90 east. Took the bike up to 70 MPH for the first extended amount of time. Saw a bunch of other motorcyclists and stopped here:

for Gas and some cold drinks. Thought about continuing to head down US 90. It was a nice road. But the I remembered Dong Fong was open on Sunday and my bodies fuel tank was nearing empty so heading back west towards

East New Orleans has a large Vietnamese population. Mostly refugees from the Vietnam war. This place is legendary with locals for it's cheap tasty Bahn Mi's (sandwiches) I got roast pork and something called Chinese meatball. My favourite is actually the liver patte. I ran into some buddies eating meat pies (their meat pies are to die for). They were going out explore Bayou savage and ride mopeds on the levee. I decided to follow them. So I saw this alligator.

Then my Girlfriend texted me to invite me over for drinks. So I headed back home. After taking an extended 70 mph run I really understand while people invest in windshields.
    Attached Files
    1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Way cool! Chinese meatball sounds suspicious the way you say it though, hmmmm.

Are gators common to spot like that? Rattle snakes are said to be common here but in my life I've seen only two.

Are there other year/ model parts on that bike like headlight and blinkers? They look L-ish.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Gators are super common all over South Lousiana. So common infact there is a gator hunting season. I think they are sorta cute but if you own a dog you gotta watch out because they will eat it. I have no idea about the headlights and blinkers. I got the bike from a guy who bought it in Maryland with just 4.5k miles on it in like 2014. But based on some other factors I'm starting to thing things on this bike aren't exactly as stock as I thought
      1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrhedges View Post
        Gators are super common all over South Lousiana. So common infact there is a gator hunting season. I think they are sorta cute but if you own a dog you gotta watch out because they will eat it. I have no idea about the headlights and blinkers. I got the bike from a guy who bought it in Maryland with just 4.5k miles on it in like 2014. But based on some other factors I'm starting to thing things on this bike aren't exactly as stock as I thought
        Well, nothing wrong with donor parts, just wondering is all. Someone probably pulled a windjammer off at some piont.

So alligators may be more like coyotes here. Although there's no defined season. Just a half hour before sunrise to a half hour after sunset and no limit.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
        X