Ulitimate Carb Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ulitimate Carb Kits

For those of you with GS's running Mikuni VM carbs, here's a new option for rebuilding/tuning the carbs. These are exclusive to Z1 Enterprises.

https://www.z1enterprises.com/catalo...premium+suzuki

4 different needles, multiple main jets and pilot jets, choke plunger and more - check them out.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-22-2017, 07:59 AM.

We have added another 1978-1979 GS1000 carb kit. This one is between the normal sets and the top of the line Ultimate kits.

What makes them different is they contain the needle, needle jet, and choke plunger parts.....

GS1000 1978-1979 carb kits
    We will keep searching for more GS stuff....

Comment

So the first link took me to the general selection page and not directly to this kit.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Hi Chuck, thanks for noticing, I just fixed this, we had changed the title of the product slightly...

https://www.z1enterprises.com/catalo...premium+suzuki

Comment

Jeff, this is very good news as I believe the GS 1000 ST sold with VM 30 carbs in Europe and Australia uses the same DL 36 needle as the standard VM 26 carbs.
          It has been impossible so far to tune my VM 30 carbs at 50% throttle opening since I fitted APE pods.
          The choice of needles should fix the issue.
          sigpicJohn Kat
          My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
          GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Wow, this is AWESOME! It's like a deluxe DELUXE rebuild kit AND a Dynojet/6 Sigma type jetting kit all on one!
            The next GS750-844cc/870cc that I build (waiting on titled frame to come through) will be getting 4 of these!
            '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
            '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
            '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
            '79 GS425stock
            PROJECTS:
            '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
            '77 GS550 740cc major mods
            '77 GS400 489cc racer build
            '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
            '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Nice!
              Any plans on a kit for the '80 850s and 1000s?

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
                Nice!
                Any plans on a kit for the '80 850s and 1000s?
                We've gradually been replacing carb kits on our web site with a mix of newer kits - some are these ultimate kits, others are just improved. We are adding to the list and the GS's with the Constant Velocity carbs are on our list. Stay tuned...

Comment

Now if you can find a source for the plastic deal the choke plungers have on them you will have a hand above even more Jeff.
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Will you restock on the GS 750 kits? I've got a rebuild to get started on soon. If not, do you have a suggestion for another supplier?

Comment

Originally posted by HardknockJohnny View Post
                      Will you restock on the GS 750 kits? I've got a rebuild to get started on soon. If not, do you have a suggestion for another supplier?
                      We just received a shipment from our supplier in Japan...

Overtime we'll be stocking plenty of these to avoid running out. Initially we added a small number of kits to 'test the market' - and have been very happy with the response.

Comment

Nice!

There's been a screaming, crying need for quality carb kits for a while now. Glad to see the need being filled! It'll be nice to see the CV kits come out, too.
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

So I took the leap of faith and purchased 4 of the kits. Quality seems to be good and they came in just a few days as advertised. I do have a question. The GS750 kit I ordered comes with 6 series jet needles (Y64 -S /L /R /RR) while my stock needles are 5F 21. The 4 needles supplied are drastically different so I need some sort of idea where to begin. Of course, it is my first carb rebuild and I'm learning as I go.

The bike is a 78 GS that has been swapped to a hardtail bobber frame. Came with pods and was running decently. When I got it the carbs were leaking and through reading in this forum it sounded like the carbs needed to be cleaned. Which I did and it stopped the leaking but then the bike wanted to stall out on me after I had been riding for a couple minutes. Based on what the carbs looked like when I took them apart to clean, I figured Id just rebuild them. I don't really want to tear the carbs apart to replace the jet needles several times trying to figure out what will work, if anything.

Any help would be appreciated. (Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread. After this I'll make my own post.)

Comment

Hi there, it seems like you've got some knowledge on the various carbs they put on these bikes. I'm really trying to find some kind of manual on rebuilding the carbs on my 1979 gs1000, but I can't seem to find the actual model of the carbs I have installed. I was hoping you would be able to help me identify these carbs with some information that may make it easier to locate a manual for them? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
                            Attached Files

Comment

They are Mikuni VM carbs.

Try these 2 links:

http://gsarchive.bwringer.com/bikecl...rb_rebuild.pdfhttp://gsarchive.bwringer.com/bikecl...rb_rebuild.pdf
                              1980 GS550ET

Comment

Working...
                              X