No announcement yet.

1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can put the brake switch in the splitter below the headlight as well, makes a little cleaner installation.
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
      You can put the brake switch in the splitter below the headlight as well, makes a little cleaner installation.
      Bobgroger, can you expand on that a bit? Do you mean just for the wires themselves? Thanks!

Comment

Today I was able to get the hydrolic banjo bolt switch in and working properly, bled the front brakes, fixed the clutch safety switch so it does what it is supposed to. I think that is it for the electrical other than possibly replacing some light bulbs in the guages. I'm going to focus on the carbs, valve adjustment, and any other mechanical needs now.

Comment

So, I am planning on taking the carbs off tonight, and am going to order the o-rings from cycleorings. Is there a preferred place where everyone is getting float bowl gaskets? I'm thinking mine may have been leaking a bit and while there are out would like to replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nschultz View Post
            So, I am planning on taking the carbs off tonight, and am going to order the o-rings from cycleorings. Is there a preferred place where everyone is getting float bowl gaskets? I'm thinking mine may have been leaking a bit and while there are out would like to replace them.
            I like these. They are rubberized and reusable.
            sigpic
            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260
            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
              I like these. They are rubberized and reusable.
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-GS-75...cAAOSwbsBXkZXG
              thanks much!

Comment

I got to taking the carbs out last night, and some disassembly.

The Airbox needs some love or replacement.

Here is the carbs before disassemby

More carb pics

Float Bowls:

Overall, I would say they are not bad. Im going to be ordering o-rings to freshen them up a bit, and new float bowl gaskets. None of them were stuck and had that nice whoosh sound when I was testing them. the floats themselves also look to be in good condition.

I also got my seat the other day. Proper seat for the 82/83 GS1100E on the left. the seat that was on it is on the right.

Comment

Working...
                X