anybody in fresno CA area, need help! 83 gs1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody in fresno CA area, need help! 83 gs1100e

i got bought my dads old bike (83 gs1100e) while he had the bike it ran awesome! been sitting around for about two years, it wont idle with out choke. the idle crew doesnt seem to do anything. the carbs are all synced up. the bike is very sluggish when taking off and it will die on you if you take the choke off. also when i am done riding the left two pipes are hot (which is normal) but the right two are just warm not hot like they should be. at first i thought the carbs need to be adjusted but that didnt help. could it be an ignition coil? i just need a little help, i am so use to working on my 78 gs750. this bike seems really different and i just dont know it very well. just need a little help. thanks guys

Originally posted by bradranderson View Post
    , i am so use to working on my 78 gs750. this bike seems really different and i just dont know it very well.
    Have you ever rebuilt the carbs on the 750 ? Use that knowledge to do the same on the 1100. If not, remove them and send them to one of the esteemed GSR members that does.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

. Two cylinders not working unless they have choke? Idle mix screws don't have any effect? Indeed ^^^ as said, likely carbs ..Commonly they have any number of liittle problems from sitting around too long...old gas and corrosion. they get blockages,in passages, emulsifier, stuck float needles,...

I'd guess not a spark issue but it's so easy to test for spark you should always look for spark first. And check valves adjustment too. Usually people put their bikes away without much care. d new owner should crawl all over it and check everything (even if it was your dad's!) just to pick up the maintenance trail where the last owner left it.

Go Here and read,read,read.
      BikeCliff's Website

Comment

Working...
      X