Old and New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old and New

HI all. Suzuki mad here, once again. Used to be on the old forum, joined back in about 2005 when I bought my 1983 GSX1100ESD and that was followed by my beloved 1980 GS1000ET.

I spent 6 months on the GSX with a full nut and bolt restore of her and that was with help from here. The GS1000ET was bought as a runner and left alone for me to ride. The GSX did its first show, was slated by the judges and I swore I'd never do one again. So she went back into the garage and hasnt turned a wheel in anger since.

I rode the GS1000 till 2010 when she started to leak oil from the cam chain tunnel and then the outer 'O' ring on No 1.

A couple of years ago I sold a GS1000SN to Hampshire Hog and he tried to help me sort the fork seals on the ET but we found the bottom Allen bolt had been stripped so she's stayed in the garage unloved.

Age has caught up with me. Working on bikes on hands and knees on the floor is murderous. It takes me 4 times as long trying to get up and down to do jobs. But I need to get into the garage, get a bike lift and do all the jobs on the GS1000 so she can go back on the road here in the UK.

Now, I hear you ask......why did I buy a GSX1100ESD and a GS1000ET........I had one as a 19 year old and as a 23 year old.

Something about youth and first bikes....
    The GS that hooked me back in the early 90s was an abused 83 1100e.
    I hope to own another someday.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I used to sit on these bike when I was in High School(Class of '82) and a couple years after that. My parents wouldn't co-sign a loan for one and I started doing the family thing shortly after. Still working on getting most of those bikes. I've got the '82 1100E, the 84 FJ1100, 84 VF750F Interceptor (not VF1000F I really wanted, it will come in time) and others I didn't know about then, but have fallen short of the 80-82 GPz1100, 82 CBX1100 Super Sport(Pearl white of course), CB1100F and the 84 GS1150EF. I blame my addiction on my parents for not spoiling me.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Working...
      X