83 GS750ED handlebar cables and wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS750ED handlebar cables and wiring help

Hey folks, I am pulling a set of clipons off of my GS750ED putting it back to stock. I have already acquired the stock bars and it looks like the wiring has just been zip tied out of the way without clipping. The problem that I am having is that I have never seen the correct routing for the cables and wiring. Can anyone out there snap a couple of pictures of the setup on their stock bars so that I can use them as a reference in setting the stock routing? One other oddball question, does the throttle cable run in front or behind the triple tree? Currently the cable is running through the bracket that holds the faring on then in front of the tree, requiring me to remove the cable from the carb bracket and and snake it back through a hole in the bracket just to replace it, I'm pretty sure the factory wouldn't route like that. Thanks in advance for any pics or advice. I will have some Pics of my progress uploaded tonight if I can get to it.

PDF Page 253, Service Manual Chapter 8-9 shows the cable routing of the '83 750E.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Thank-you! that info will help immensely. Its been a long time since I looked all the way through the manual, I'd forgotten that was back there

Comment

Working...
      X