No announcement yet.

82 GS850GL gas tank swap..need more volume...which ones fit, who has done this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Falcon, I'm thinking you'll still be happy with a good running classic GS. Just more frequent opportunity to stop and get compliments on the old girl!

This song comes to mind.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
      Hey Falcon, I'm thinking you'll still be happy with a good running classic GS. Just more frequent opportunity to stop and get compliments on the old girl!

This song comes to mind.
      the life of Brian always cheers me up. Thanks Roger. I was hoping that a bigger tank would be a much simpler solution. Looking like the gas tanks will be my option this summer. A guy between me and Rick custom makes gas tanks and a finished tank, fits the bike and is between 5-6 gallons is right at $500 quoted. Really reasonable for a complete tank. I have pre-buyers remorse about spending as much on a tank as I did on my bike. I did however already order the gasket for the level sending unit and lent him my old petcock so he could map out a tank drawing to size. I think he sees an opportunity to fills void in a nichce market, as I explained the issue with taking another model tank and making it fit. He said it will fit, be bigger and require no steering, seat or mount mods. Once I have a solid written quote I will know more. Until then 120 miles.

Comment

Working...
      X