X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
    Two marginal spots on the tank-
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]51218[/ATTACH]
    ... and a little loss of oem correct for '80 model pin stripping. Guess I forgot that pic, but it's a section about 3" long. No dents though!

Comment

Needs a fuse box cover, otherwise seems all there...
      gs1000g 015.jpg

Comment

Alt side, side cover, is missing the back tab slot in back... per previous pic {post #22} both covers look to be '81 model given the double gold pin stripe. {correct me if I'm wrong here}
        gs1000g 014.jpg

Comment

Alright...as the old saying goes - "pics or it didn't happen".....my new project arrived late yesterday afternoon.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]51206[/ATTACH]

Nice project there. Those bars look to be from an L. If you want some from a G and are interested, my 81 parts bike still has them.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Here we have the 1st order of business...side stand spring is unhooked...gotta fix that and then find a center stand since someone removed that along the way...that may be a non event if I decide to go Delkevic 4-1 or a system that doesn't allow the center stand. I do like having a center stand though.
            gs1000g 012.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

Nice project there. Those bars look to be from an L. If you want some from a G and are interested, my 81 parts bike still has them.
              Roger, you read my mind...I really think these are L model bars with that serious pullback. I have a euro superbike bar...but I dislike their lessor width compared to stock bars.

Comment

My 850g had no neck sticker...at least this one has a partial sticker. Wish there was an available source for those, but I haven't found one yet. Ok, I did sort of, but their stickers are for the UK crowd and read in metric.
                gs1000g 019.jpg

Comment

Speaking of stickers...check this...the oem fork pressure tag is still there. I love this kind of thing. Will have to polish very carefully around that one.
                  gs1000g 020.jpg

Comment

Given the handlebars, different side cover and tail piece, this bike was kind of pieced together....time will straighten that out.

Oh...1st thing I did off the shippers trailer was check title numbers to frame numbers - they matched. Not surprisingly the title was signed but never registered in the sellers son's name...the previous owner lived in Ofallen IL {ray}...wish he was a member here as I'd love to ask some questions about her history....I might as well buy a lottery ticket and expect to win, huh.

Comment

Just finished my coffee and decided to try out the easy electrical for grins and giggles....hi/low beam work but high beam indicator light out....LH signals and indicator light work...RH signals and indicator come on but no flash....both brake switches work....oil light good...neutral light good...still has the clutch safety switch but it's untested. I {gasp} removed the bad one on my 850g...I always grab the clutch when I start it - old habit - other bike's neutral switches aren't always aligned perfectly, and a lot of my other bikes didn't have the safety over-ride, so why chance it, right.
                      Suns too bright {not complaining} to check the gear position lights...I'll do that later when the suns down.

Comment

My 850g had no neck sticker...at least this one has a partial sticker. Wish there was an available source for those, but I haven't found one yet. Ok, I did sort of, but their stickers are for the UK crowd and read in metric.
                        Will this work for you ?
                        Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
                        VM Carb rebuild tutorial
                        Bikecliff's website
                        The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Originally posted by Rijko View Post
                          Will this work for you ?
                          Wrong models, year and those are riveted on..........mines a sticker, but, not bad as a back up plan.
                          Thanks

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51222[/ATTACH]

I recently read another post here about VIN stickers - try www.bdesigns.ca
                            1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Is this what I think it is?...it's green....but no markings....1000 aftermarket coils 001.jpg

Comment

Is this what I think it is?...it's green....but no markings....[ATTACH=CONFIG]51226[/ATTACH]
                                ...here's the pick up plate...
                                1000 aftermarket coils 003.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X