Help with drag bike chassis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with drag bike chassis.

Hello, I picked up a drag bike chassis a few weeks ago. I was hoping to get it put together for next season. I was wondering if anyone would recommend which forks to use on the bike. Along with wheel selection. Here is a link to some pictures.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

20170506_150202.jpg

You have lots of options, but what do you want (conventional or inverted?) and what do you want to spend? The old 750/1100 forks were pretty clean and easy to lower if you want to go low budget. If you want to spend a few bucks and go with something lighter but conventional Kosman and PMFR made a version of drag forks that you may be able to find on eBay or sites like dragbike.com

On the high end Track Dynamics made (maybe they still do) a set of light weight inverts for drag bikes, or you could convert to newer GSXR forks like I did on my pro street GS. The brakes are amazing, but they aren't as light as any of the drag specific forks I mentioned and I don't know if a thin 18" rim is available.

Comment

Thank you for the reply!. What year GSXR forks did you use? Do you have pictures of your bike?

Comment

If I remember correctly 1988 GSXR 1100 front end is a direct bolt on.
        As far as wheels go pick your style. Wheels ain't cheap.
        My stable
        84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
        85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
        88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
        98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
        90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
        06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
        00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Masher, I race & build them. Call me at 714-356-7845 and I will be glad to help you.
          Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by masher81 View Post
            Thank you for the reply!. What year GSXR forks did you use? Do you have pictures of your bike?
            03/04 GSXR 1000. There is info on the conversion in the GS Owners section under 1983 GS1100ES, but call Rapidray before you pick one
            Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

All the oil cooled GSXR front ends bolt right on. The water cooled up to 95 go on also.
              Ray.

Comment

Thanks for the reply's. I will be giving you a call Ray.

Comment

Working...
                X