Gs 1150 clutch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 1150 clutch.

Hi I have question. I have 85 gs1150e red black. On my clutch my dad have heavy duty springs put in and I guess u are so possed to put every other one heavy Duty. But my dad put all of them in so it will not slip so you got to be Popeye to squeeze the clutch in and sometimes it takes 1-2 seconds to release presure before it rolls like in neutral I really don't want these hard springs anymore my hand starts to cramp up after couple mins riding. Can I just go back to stock springs or just take out 2 springs and replace with stock softer springs.

Yes either alternate he with stock. Or all stock is ok.
    83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

You can put all stock back or 3 of each staggered or 2 stiff ones across from each other, better to do 3, every other 1. Feel.free to.call me at 714-356-7845 If you want help. I build & race 1100s & 1150s & have TONS of parts.
      Ray.
      Ray.

Comment

You can put all stock back or 3 of each staggered or 2 stiff ones across from each other, better to do 3, every other 1. Feel free to call me at 714-356-7845 If you want help. I build & race 1100s & 1150s & have TONS of parts.
        Ray.
        Last edited by rapidray; 05-18-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

The clutch springs are coming Tommorw I was gonna do myself do I have to drain oil before I do this

Comment

No. Put it on the side stand. You need a new clutch cover gasket too. Make sure the big hub nut is tight before you close it up.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

If you let the bike lean over on the kickstand, it MIGHT still leak some oil. If it does, you can put a 2x4 under the rear tire to add a little more lean to it to stop the leak.
              Ray.

Comment

I was just gonna do one spring at a time not take whole assembly apart.

Comment

Thanks. Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew99 View Post
                    I was just gonna do one spring at a time not take whole assembly apart.
                    Just for peace of mind you might want to check the fiber thickness and flatness of the plates.
                    Alan

sigpic
                    Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
                    Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
                    Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
                    Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

I think they should be fine it had heavy duty springs for over 15 years now and only 14,500 miles on bike I only wanted to do just a spring at a time not take it all apart. And got it yestuday the springs. They sent me a heavy duty set. ****ed. I need stock ones. I already have 6 heavy duty in there now and it's not comfortable at all.

Comment

I got the springs Barnett. Standard duty. Installed but I still disappointed it just feels a little bit less then heavy duty. I need to find stock springs probably have to order from suzuki. Internet was hard to find

Comment

While you have it down it might not be a bad time to install a heavy duty clutch hub nut from APE. Just for insurance.
                          sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Home of the RSC clutch lever. The RSC lever has become the worldwide standard in billet easy pull clutch levers. Check out the newly introduced Trigger series RSC levers! Now available in all new anodized color options AND two finish choices.....the raw machined anodized finish, and the tumbled anodized finish. Do it.

Buy that. It'll drop the pull to 2 finger..
                            I build Pipers

Comment

Working...
                            X