No announcement yet.

Broken Secondary Gear - 2nd time in 2 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both are broken. Only this time, I noticed the broken stud on the driveshaft gear.

Comment

Exact same thing just happened to me. Fml. I just ordered a new one on ebay but I keep reading that they are not interchangeable. I'm so upset.

Comment

Has to be from same model... shimming the gear assemblies properly is key. I have to take mine apart again to check because the shaft has some some clunking while in gear and on center stand. If I give it throttle, it smooths out.

Comment

I'm just gonna drill and tap the old one.100$ down the drain for the replacement one that I can't use. Still doesn't fix my original problem of my leak. I guess it's that big black seal?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Better send the new one back, the shipping cant cost more than 100$ retour.

Comment

The part was 40$ but the shipping was 50$. At that cost might was well try to sell it myself.

Comment

What model was it for? You might be able to find someone on here who would want/need it.

Comment

Adjusted the shims on both gears yesterday and it seems to have good contact now. I will hopefully be taking it for a test ride in a little while.

Comment

Ran out to the bank and grocery store, 15 minutes each way. She's riding like a champ again. Later this week I'll be checking the carb sync again since I replaced the boot o-rings with new ones while it was down. Old rings were paper thing and brittle and the PO had used some sort of silicone to seal them, which all flaked off with little effort. Glad I have my beast back! Now just need the time to ride!

"New" exhaust looks good on here.

Last edited by Guest; 06-12-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

It's from a

82 SUZUKI GS650 GS 650 LZ OEM SECONDARY DRIVE GEAR

Comment

Working...
                      X