X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I missing something here

Ok ...... it would appear that I'm electrically dyslexic

background info -

82 1100E with brand new OE loom, sh775 installed as per the umpteen previous threads and comments with single point earth system (basically everything relevant has a dedicated earth), dyna coils , stock ignition, control panel box and self cancelling indicator box retained, brand new OE handlebar switches.

the bike has power everywhere , all the warning lights work as they should, all contacts either new or vigorously cleaned.

2 issues/questions ( to start)

1. See attached photo ..... I've put a dedicated connection straight from the 775 output into the loom by cutting and connecting into the red lead coming out of the 4 pin plug. In this area I now have 3 unused wires on the plug .... a solid yello , a white blue and a white red - I'm assuming these are redundant feeds to the old RR ???
    plus in the same boot I have 3 , loose, male bullet connectors - a solid yellow, light green/white and white blue ..... do these need looping into the loom or are they redundant

2. Getting no love from the starter solenoid ...... if I bridge the two poles the motor cranks and I get an enormous spark from the plugs .... I've tried 3 different solenoids and all the same so I'm guessing the connection between handlebar switch and solenoid is awry .... looking at the yellow/green wire as suspect

appreciate any comments or input IMG_2273.jpg
    78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
    82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
    83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
    2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
    Next project slowly coalescing

"out of the 4 pin plug. In this area I now have 3 unused wires on the plug .... a solid yello , a white blue and a white red "

those 3 wires (in that plug) were coming from stator (one via the headlight loop) and connecting to original r/r. How are you now connecting the 3 stator leads to the sh-775? Direct hopefully. Have you got a single xpoint ground?
    In any event, I'd guess your solenoid has lost its frame ground and no longer "clicks" with button pushed. The yellow/green wire is the trigger (12 volt positive from starter button)
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Yes ..... stator connected directly ( via triumph lead) to sh775
      Yes ....... earthed single point as per various threads here

VICTORY. - After continuity and voltage testing virtuallly everything

it was the brand new clutch perch switch ........ once I looped it I have a out fully functioning electrical system

Finally bike will be running this weekend after 9 months of effort

still intrigued about those sparevwires though ??
      78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
      82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
      83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
      2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
      Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Hooray, now have some fun - carefully. Suzuki wiring is payback for ww2 - bound to be more fun in store for you.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X