Help identifying some rogue wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
    I think the red is the hot wire that gets spliced to one of the hot wires that feed the coils. It supplies power for the electrinoc ignition to signal the colis to fire. Doesnt look like a Dyna ignition but it does look like the same wire set up I have found on the Dyna kits.
    Cool, I'll look up wiring for the dyna ones. Thanks for the info!
    -Rich

1982 GS850GL - WE DID IT! Introduction

Comment

This has become a mess. I have it all wired up, and man does this thing not want to cooperate. It's turned over a couple of times randomly, so the ignition seems to be wired ok. The engine kill switch is inexplicably backward - "off" will sometimes get the bike to fire up, "on" kills the engine. The gear indicator is all sorts of messed up. No numbers, just random lights here and there - did not respond to cleaning the connector. When I turn the headlight switch, the headlight doesn't come on but the gear indicator light will come on when you press the start button. Turn the headlight switch off and that stops. The brake light isn't responding.

What the hell is going on. I am reaching all new levels of frustration.
      -Rich

1982 GS850GL - WE DID IT! Introduction

Comment

You said that everything was ok, before hooking up the red wire, right?

OK, so I have this mostly figured out with the exception one 1 red wire. It routes from the points cover along with a black wire and a white wire. For the life of me I can't find where the red hooks into the harness. It seems to be ignition related though, for the most part everything else is responding when I put the battery in aside from the ignition switch.
        It must be that red wire, where or what did you hook it to?
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Working...
        X