Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question time...the rubber mirror insulators...need them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid question time...the rubber mirror insulators...need them?

I was polishing the mirrors on my bike end of this week...clutch side unscrewed fine...alt side came apart with the knurled section attached to the mirror stud - cup still on the clutch handle assembly.
    So, do I really need another one...do the mirrors buzz that much to need one?

I'd say you don't "need" them. I think it was a little gingerbread Suzuki added to there motorcycles. Like the Gear Position Indicator, Self Cansaling Turn Signals, Bullet Proof Engine...
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

If your mirrors buzz like mine, then you might appreciate having a bit more dampening, but I've never felt like I "needed" it
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I'd try them without and see how they look (pardon the pun), but if they are significantly buzzy you might be better off with a Bar Snake or bar-end weights rather than dampers.
        Current:
        Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
        VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
        And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Working...
        X